The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Problems with C1 Crashing! Help!!

woodyspedden

Given the success of others I assume the problems I am having with 4.8 must be due to something i am doing wrong. For me, C1 4.8 crashes constantly. Sometimes it takes only 30 seconds and at other times several minutes.

I completely (or as best I understand "completely") uninstalled the older version of C1 and then did a clean install of 4.8. When I started having problems I ran disk warrior so as to assure I had a clean directory and that all files had disk permission set correctly (or as best I understand "correctly"). No help. Same symptoms as before.

I have now gone back to 4.7 and although not completely stable it is far better than 4.8

I am on a Mac (Intel based) and am running the latest update of 10.5.

Someone please help. I really need C1 but with these crashes I am about to give up. I have run virtually all the other raw converters (ACR, LR, Lightzone, Silkypix, Raw Developer) and have never had crashes. Some of the raw converters mentioned have other issues for sure but stability isn't one of them.

Thanks in advance for any help

Doug, where are you now that I really need you

Woody

woodyspedden

Woody,

just to confirm you have followed all of the C1 removal/clean install steps outlined here to the letter:

http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Support/Article.aspx?articleid=1164&languageid=1

Cheers,
Jack

You are simply superb! it appears that I needed to eliminate the Plist in order to allow a real error free installation. It is now running fine (or at least as good as I can tell after one half hour's work.) Hopefully it will remain stable as I also installed the latest 4.8.1 code.

Thanks so much for your (as always) great guidance.

Best

Woody

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Glad it helped Woody...

And why they pay me the big bucks to post here. :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yes you really need to go in there and find all the crap laying around. One you get rid of everything than the only real guarantee to avoid a crash or a issue. Adobe does the same thing on a Mac crap is everywhere. Glad you got it solved

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
You are simply superb! it appears that I needed to eliminate the Plist in order to allow a real error free installation. It is now running fine (or at least as good as I can tell after one half hour's work.) Hopefully it will remain stable as I also installed the latest 4.8.1 code.
All is well still?

Doug

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up