The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking for Lightroom feedback

H

Hugh

I'm a new member to the forum and would like to say hi. I've also got my my first question

This week I bought a Ricoh Grd and have been trying to find the optimum settings for sharpening and noise reduction in Lightroom using the raw files. Would be grateful if someone could give some feedback on the 2 images i've posted in the gallery with regards to the raw processing. And could you suggest a good starting for the settings in Lightroom for sharpening and noise reduction.
Thanks, Hugh

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Hugh and welcome!

While you certainly posted your question in the proper area -- and I hope you get the answers you need -- you may want to ask it in the small sensor section too as many of the GRD users may not regularly check here.

Cheers,

ShiroKuro

Hi Hugh ,
I am very new to Lightroom but it is what I use and these are the settings I start with .
Going from the least to the most .........

Portrait sharpening :

Amount 70 85 1.0

Radius 1.0 1.0 1.0

Detail 40 50 65

Masking 90 90 90

Landscape sharpening :

Amount 75 90 110

Radius 1.0 1.0 1.0

Detail 55 65 90

Masking 90 90 90

As for noise reduction I use Noise Ninja If I need to use anything at all .... I would use LightRoom but at the moment I am not sure I have that down quite yet ... also Noise Ninja has a GRD 2 profile you can download off their site that seems to work very well .

Also you might want to check out here http://learn.adobe.com/wiki/display/LR/Home
it is a great resource on LightRoom and also you can get some very useful presets for Lightroom ... which is where the above settings come from ... it really has helped me learn this program ...... by looking at the individual settings of some of the presets .....

ShiroKuro

Sorry I made a mistake in the above post and could not see where to edit .....

should read -

Portrait sharpening :

Amount 70 85 110

Radius 1.0 1.0 1.0

Detail 40 50 65

Masking 90 90 90

Landscape sharpening :

Amount 75 90 110

Radius 1.0 1.0 1.0

Detail 55 65 90

Masking 25 20 15

H

Hugh

Hi ShiroKuro,
Thanks for the reply. Will upload some images with these settings.