The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Grrrrr....I hate this message

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Georg,
The Drobo displays its maximum configured capacity, not the amount of actual storage installed.
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
:ROTFL: Yes, when you format DROBO using it's software, it shows as a single volume ON THE SYSTEM for whatever you've formatted it to, in this case I chose the max -- 4 drives @ 4TB each -- so I would not have to re-partition as I added larger drives in the future. With their software loaded, you then get accurate displays of total space available, total used for data, overhead and redundancy.

A

Azrael001

Sorry for the bump, but I've been having a problem almost exactly like the OP.

I'm trying to open some .tiffs in photoshop CS4 which are between 400Mb and 1Gb and getting that same "not enough memory" error.

I'm on a windows xp machine, so I'm not sure that all of the methods outlined here are applicable, but I've completely disabled OpenGL, and my scratch drive is 980GB. (I could use the C drive and have 258GB if that would be better) I've maximized the RAM that photoshop has access to, but despite the fact that I've got 3326MB RAM, Photoshop sees only 1689MB of it. History States is at 20, and Cache Levels is at 4.

I couldn't find where to disable the Version cue, and the plugins for photoshop CS4 seem to be different than CS3, so I left those alone as well.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

A

Azrael001

I've found the solution, and it had nothing to do with photoshop. (Yay?)

The images were TIFFs and saved with Macintosh Packbits compression. The only program that I've been able to find that will do anything with them is IrfanView (which lets me save them such that my other programs can read them). Now it's only the one image that's just over a gig that I can't open.