The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help with C1

Terry

Kudos to Doug Peterson for being so patient and doing a great job teaching the basics of Capture 1. Unfortunately, now that I'm home I realize that we never made it to the "process" part of the program.

I used the default process recipe and it created a tiff for me but what I really want to have are different recipes for different outputs (tiffs for CS4, jpegs for the web). I started to change the settings on process pane but it seemed to be making changes to the thumbnails below so I don't want to muck things up until I know how to do it correctly. Is there a way to make and name recipes?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Click the Gear tab for the process menu. In default, the first menu item is the recipe dialog. Set all of your preferred parameters for the recipe at hand, then click the little triangle on the top right of the recipe dialog and one of the options in that dropdown is "Save Recipe" -- click that, give it a name, and you done.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Okay. You need to right-click in the tool area and add the "Process Recipe*s*" tool, which is separate from the "Process Recipe" tool! You save the Process Recipe settings with the Process Recipes tool ;).

Your process area should look something like this, note the right-click brings up the tool selection list for that tab:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Terry,
I think that might be a C1 Pro feature.
In any case it is in a windlet (or gadget) named "process recipes" which may be available if you were to right click in he area below process summaries.
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Remember once you get all the tools up you can move them around in the column and ALSO float them anywhere on your screen. You do need the output naming to select the folder and drive you want to output to. Also on Jacks screen grab if you select Jack's standard which he setup for Tif which you can do and also setup a small jpeg if you toggle those two you will get two files processed at the same time, in this case one Tif and one Jpeg. Which is a nice feature. I think you can actually do 4 at once but never tried that. BTW i make this on my third tab in from the left with all my options I use all the time. If i need something else say like crop than I will go to that tab. So I make my primary functions in this tab and secondary in others.

Terry

OK,
I got it. I was in regular Capture 1 and not Pro. Well, there is one reason to immediately get pro. If you can't set up recipes that would be hugely annoying!

Last edited: