The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panic! Aperture 2.1.3 messing up my images

J

Jamesmd

Hi, just read all the thread, And yes , these things are frustrating ,
Just an idea , I understand you are comparing jpgs with the RAW , could it be the the jpg conversion what changed, had you compared your jpgs with the RAWs on your previous version.

cheers

James

J

Jamesmd

and I must say there is nothing better for driving to madness than start comparing softwre and raw converters :wtf: .

Not applying to this case , that is a technical question , I think too , it even depends in the mood you are that day , so what I did is find the one I'm more comfortable , because I really think that if you know where you want to get , you can do it with any of the "best " software out there .

Cheers

james

sizifo

Hi, just read all the thread, And yes , these things are frustrating ,
Just an idea , I understand you are comparing jpgs with the RAW , could it be the the jpg conversion what changed, had you compared your jpgs with the RAWs on your previous version.

cheers

James
Hi,

I had jpegs and tiffs lying around from exports prior to the Aperture upgrade. I was comparing these to the exports after the upgrade. These are near identical to what's rendered on screen. It's certainly not jpeg specific. This is a good thing - it would be an endless mess if aperture decided to render different formats differently (up to compression artifacts of course).

In addition, as you click through the thumbnails in Aperture, you could see the photos getting re-rendered. The rendering of some, but not all was changed.

One can only conclude that the way aperture interprets the raw data has changed.