The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oly E620 RAW in Photoshop CS3?

weaselboy

Need some help with processing my photos take on my E620. I have been using Lightzone, although unfortunately the recent patch seems to have introduced a fairly nasty crash to desktop I'm experiencing (checked their forum, other users are having the same issue, but no official response.) Unfortunately I didn't keep the installer from the previous version, which leaves me Photoshop. Here's the catch: I'm running Windows XP x64, and the general RAW codec provided by Olympus does not work, and I use CS3 which Adobe does not seem to provide a working RAW plugin for--at least, not one that supports E620 files.

Anyone know a good avenue I can take to at least get me by until Lightzone is fixed?

Thanks in advance.

weaselboy

Gave that a shot just now, it throws up an "Error parsing file" for any .orf file in whatever folder I specify. I assume color space doesn't matter (I shoot in Adobe RGB, so I can't imagine an Adobe product DOESN'T support it?)

On the plus side, I finally heard back from Lightcrafts support in which they acknowledged the issue and said they are working on it. But until that gets sorted out, I'm kinda up the creek w/o a paddle.