The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

The Odd Couple.... A7RII FE55 1.8
Great shot and I like all the photo's you post from your daughter with the dog. They indeed seem an odd but also very cute couple. You're lucky, when I take pictures of our daughters (23 and 25) it's under the condition they don't go on the internet. If they get embarassed they want to do that themselves without any help from their father :toocool:

V

Vivek

Perhaps it is just me. It seems the A7 and 280 APO Telyt was a better combo?

gurtch

A7RII. Foreground: Voigtlander 12mm lens ISO 400, 1/400 f10. Sky: A7RII, Sigma "A" mount 12~24mm lens with adapter @15mm, ISO 400 1/30, f5.6. To fit the foreground onto the sky, the format was changed from 3:2 to 4:3.
Thanks for looking.
Dave in NJ

D734 framed.jpgD734 framed.jpg

gurtch

A7RII. Foreground: Voigtlander 12mm lens ISO 400, 1/400 f10. Sky: A7RII, Sigma "A" mount 12~24mm lens with adapter @15mm, ISO 400 1/30, f5.6. To fit the foreground onto the sky, the format was changed from 3:2 to 4:3.
Thanks for looking.
Dave in NJ

D734 framed.jpg

Barry Haines

Thanks for looking.
Dave in NJ
Dave, impressive sky...that took a bit of hard work and imagination with that shot...nice one :)

St Michaels Mount winter evening II
A7RII + 21mm Loxia (Handheld 1/6th f8 @ iso200)

Barry Haines

"Godolphin House" on the Godolphin Estate - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godolphin_Estate

Legend and customs...A custom first recorded in the 18th-century, but may relate to the 14th-century, was enacted yearly on Candlemas day (2 February) until 1921. Godolphin and St Aubyn wagered their respective seats on a race between two snails; Godolphin, losing, pricked his snail which curled up and lost the race. St Aubyn instead of claiming Godolphin's estate imposed an annual custom. The reeve of Lambourne knocked on the door of the great hall of Godolphin Court and demanded to be let in. He would jump on the table and demand 'rents duties and customs'. These were paid in a large quart of strong beer, a loaf of wheaten bread and cheese of similar value and 2s 8d.

PP > Pseudo IR > Nik Collection (analog efex pro 2) > Layered onto Kozo Natural Bizan (Japanese Handmade Paper)

dpal

Re: Fun With Sony _____

In the U.S., we seldom pay with cash when shopping. Carrying a lot of cash can be dangerous. Paying with credit cards or personal checks are the norm. This store was going out of business. I guess they don't want to incur more expenses. The store was closed right after the Christmas season.
I hope that helps.
By the way, I enjoy your posts. Wonderful scenery, I live in the urban area and don't venture too far usually.

V

Vivek

Doug, The first one, Lesser Gold finch, appears to show aliasing (or is it compression features?)? The feathers look a bit odd compared to your normal pictures.

doug

Doug, The first one, Lesser Gold finch, appears to show aliasing (or is it compression features?)? The feathers look a bit odd compared to your normal pictures.
I suspect it's compression artifacts. At 100% I see far fewer aliasing and moire artifacts with the a7rII compared with the a7II. They're not entirely gone but they occur much less frequently.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Sorry dpal, it was a tongue in cheek question. I always found the US version of the English word cheque a bit strange, since "check" has a totally different meaning for me (since in highschool we were taught British English :lecture: ).

Maybe it wasn't that smart of me :facesmack:

A700 + Min 80-200/2.8 HS G

Status
Not open for further replies.