The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpal

Re: Fun With Sony _____

I had a feeling that you were joking. But I gave it a go explaining that any ways. Mainly for the benefit of the broad international members here.

gurtch

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Dave, impressive sky...that took a bit of hard work and imagination with that shot...nice one :)

St Michaels Mount winter evening II
A7RII + 21mm Loxia (Handheld 1/6th f8 @ iso200)

Thanks Barry. Coming from you that is a real compliment. We are apparently somewhat alike in that we are both prolific! I turn 80 years old Feb 20, and I try to at least weekly shoot, process and print new stuff. Even my photo hero Ansel Adams was not, I don't think, making and printing new images when he was 80!
Best regards
Dave Gurtcheff

Barry Haines

Thanks Barry. Coming from you that is a real compliment. We are apparently somewhat alike in that we are both prolific! I turn 80 years old Feb 20, and I try to at least weekly shoot, process and print new stuff. Even my photo hero Ansel Adams was not, I don't think, making and printing new images when he was 80!
Best regards
Dave Gurtcheff
Likewise thank you David :)
It's lovely to see you and others here experimenting and trying to do something a bit different!...other than just take their images straight out of the camera and upload them without doing any after-work.

As Ansel would say.....You don't take a photograph, you make it!

I still have a dozen or so AA and John Sexton books...Wonderful B&W photographers who shared with us all their secrets into making beautiful images....Happy 80th Birthday for 20/2/17

Kind Regards Barry

Odeon, A7R2+CV12

Last edited:

seb

Well I'm just half that old and I'm happy that I can show my work such a great audience with so much experience and history. :)

Swiss Mill Tower
(a7RII + Loxia 21/2.8)

full resolution

Keep on taking pictures!
Cheers, Seb

Last edited:

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Today was the 45th day of the year, so I took my little (semi pancake) MD Rokkor 45/2 for a spin. Also after quite some time with grey and dull weather the crisp air and sunshine were much appreciated. It almost felt like spring :clap:

I have never gone to the backside of the church in our town, but did that for the first time today. I discovered an old mausoleum there (from 1832) with a big sarcophagus surrounded by a cast iron weathered fence. Here's two shots that I both like from there

1: The entire mausoleum

2: Fence and sarcophagus

Both shots A6000 + MD Rokkor-X 45/2

gurtch

Thanks all for the kind words.
Last Sunday was a cold rainy, windy, foggy miserable day. No football. I spent the day going through some older images that I had never processed or printed. Here is one from January 2016.
Thanks for looking
Dave
D735 framed.jpg

scho

Two walkabout snaps with the A7II + MC11 + Sigma 24-105 A.

seb

It's around 1300m altitude difference to climb up from the lake to the peak. We stopped several times just to enjoy the wonderful view over the central mountains of the south island, but the most spectacular one was on the top. I'm happy I can share it with this panorama (there is a full resolution link below the picture). :)

The fun thing with the Heliar 12/5.6 is, that it looks like I'm staying at a very comfortable place. But actualy I was staying at the end of a thin and steep ridge. You can see the ridge in the center of the picture. The valleys to the left and right descent steeply as the left slope of the peak. Which is on the very right. The 121° angle of view of the lens does it looks like some hobbit hills. :)

Roys Peak above Wanaka (New Zealand)
(~300° Panorama - a7RII + Voigtländer Heliar 12/5.6)

300° Panorama at Roys Peak

full resolution (15128 x 4443 Pixels):thumbs:​

Last edited:

scho

It's around 1300m altitude difference to climb up to the peak. We stopped several times just to enjoy the wonderful view over the central mountains of the south island, but the most spectacular one was on the top. I'm happy I can share it with you (there is a full resolution link below the picture). :)

The fun thing with the Heliar 12/5.6 is, that it looks like I'm staying at a very comfortable place. But acutaly I was staying at the end of a thin and steep ridge. You can see the ridge in the center of the picture. The valleys to the left and right descent steeply as the left slope of the peak. Which is on the very right. The 121° angle of view of the lens does it looks like some hobbit hills. :)

Roys Peak above Wanaka (New Zealand)
(~300° Panorama - a7RII + Voigtländer Heliar 12/5.6)

300° Panorama at Roys Peak

full resolution (15128 x 4443 Pixels):thumbs:​
Beautiful panorama. How many shots for this stitch?

scho

I'm getting double duty from the Sigma Art lenses that I purchased to use primarily with the sdQH and sd1M. They also work quite well with my full frame Sony A7II. This is a 5 shot focus stack taken with the Sigma 85 1.4 Art + MC-11 + A7II.

seb

Beautiful panorama. How many shots for this stitch?
Thank you. They are 14. I think it would work with the half of it as well. I just clicked several times while turning me and put all into photomerge of photoshop. :)

Lovely stillife! Remembers me, that I have some stacking-projects I want to do once...

mediumcool

Castle Plaza

Sony a7 w/ adapted Planar 50mm f/1.7 1/1250 f/5.6 ISO 400

Bad taste from the previous era of unequal income distribution.

And yes, it's copper plated.

Kirk

Trumpmobile.jpg

A7rII (Kolari), Nocti f1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.