The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Anders_HK

1. A

Don't shoot me... X1D compared to IQ180

Re: Shimming vs. Focus Error ?? Yup and yes, I looked at the later images. Well, if the lens consistently tends to slight forward focus, depending by how much, this per my view could indicate a slight focus error that could result in a less sharp image than if the camera focused more...
  2. A

Don't shoot me... X1D compared to IQ180

Shimming vs. Focus Error ?? It appears clearly that the IQ180 on an Alpa is the better in this test. This begs the following questions to clarify: (1) Was the IQ180 shimmed to the Alpa to achieve optimum sharpness? (2) Has a focus error been verified for the Hasselblad X1D, e.g. using Lens...
  3. A

The Future of Phase One

Doug, What I wrote was that P1 backs are closed to Hy6. To say P1 team is open is indeed complete different. Leaf is open, P1 is not. As one could imply from what you wrote, P1 could easily change that because Credos are indeed mechanically much same as IQ backs. Adding rotating sensor would...
  4. A

The Future of Phase One

Gents, Interesting to read above posts...;) Allow me to first state clear, that Phase One vs. Leaf back is in my view with much respect a personal preference. I believe it should remain so of equal level also under P1. Is it??? :facesmack: ... 1) To hear lead of P1 say Leaf is 2nd best seem...
  5. A

William Carr - Superb

Charles, Your above seemingly nails who William Carr is and his photography. Frankly, I fail to understand why a number of posters seemingly slash him over the video, and which in itself does not seem to create credibility to the views at same time shared. The video seems to me an American...
  6. A

The fastest Alpa mount lens

Really cool to read! :D I had same idea a few years ago but haven't made it to tech camera (yet). I do have an interesting lens to adapt and which I now wish to sell if anyone is interested: Schneider Xenotar 100mm 2.8 (latest series) Please check for sale section FAST LENS for TECH CAMERA ...
  7. A

William Carr - Superb

+1 Photography Visualization Advice by Ansel Adams - YouTube
  8. A

William Carr - Superb

All the anti posts surprise me and made me go back and watch the video two more times... I guess following puts thumb on what I am drawn to in his work... @ 5:05; Fine Art Consultant "The brushlike quality, the painterliness of great artists is something also found in William’s work, and this...
  9. A

William Carr - Superb

Agree with Torger. The video is not mere commercial, but is about and speaks of his images as ART. My impression is that as ART his images are superb and that is what impressed me. Some may see it, some may appreciate it, some dont. As ART, my personal favorites are by landscape...
  10. A

William Carr - Superb

William Carr : Modern Master of Photography - YouTube
  11. A

FS: Interesting Alternative Lens !!!

The idea was that I was to mount this one to play with on my digital back, but never quite did yet... I got the idea from here Meyer-Görlitz Anastigmat Trioplan 6.3/135mm in Botanical Garden My lens is Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan Anastigmat 10.5cm (105mm) f/4.5, thus not identical to the one in...
  12. A

FS: Scheider Apo-DIGITAR 47mm XL

I meant to mount this one in an Alpa eventually, purchased it used the other year. Only reason I post it for sale is because I much need the $ at current (unexpected emergency). This lens is in like new condition. At current it is in dehumidified storage in Hong Kong. I will ship from Hong...
  13. A

FS: Shen-Hao 4x5 (non folder) w/ Maxwell HI-Lux Ultra Brilliant GG

I simply love this camera. Only reason I post it for sale is because I much need the $ at current (unexpected emergency). The camera is very well cared for and not much used, condition Like New-. I do not shoot much large format but find it such a joy to have and to on occasions use. The...
  14. A

FS: Gossen Starlite 2 (new condition)

This is a really great light meter! Only reason I post it for sale is because I much need the $ at current (unexpected emergency). GOSSEN Starlite 2 Purchased new less than one year ago, used only a few times. It is in NEW CONDITION. Price: 550 usd. Shipping from Hong Kong or Sweden, 40 USD...
  15. A

FS: Rolleilex Carl Zeiss 50/4 PQ FLE

This lens was back from service by DHW just the other week, along with my Hy6 that was in for focus adjustment due drop from chair. I am second owner but the lens is stellar, like new. Heck, back from DHW it looks like new, behaves like new, optics perfect. Magnificent serviced. Please note...