The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by AnselAndy

1. A

NEX 10-18mm Wide Zoom Anyone?

I've had an SEL1018 for about six weeks, using it on a 5N, and I think it is a very high performance optic. I am surprised and very pleased by low levels of barrel distortion, and small amounts of vignetting and chromatic aberration. Resistance to flare and and internal reflections are very good...
  2. A

metabones conurus EF to NEX smart adapter

I use the Conurus adapter to attach my Canon mount 14mm and 400mm lenses (sometimes with 1.4x tele-converter). Both are quite worthwhile on the NEX 5N!
  3. A

Finally! Hotshoe for NEX!

Thanks for posting this! It's just what I need.
  4. A

NEX7 + Metz MS1

Also how is the MeiKe power pack attached to the NEX camera? Is it just a mechanical mount or is there an electrical connection? Thanks again.
  5. A

NEX7 + Metz MS1

Could you please explain what an "IR Clamp" is? Thanks.
  6. A

Small case for 5N with the EVF attached

You're welcome! I was a little worried about the tight fit putting stress on the EVF since it is quite a pricey item and I am always very careful with my gear. But the pressure applied by the stretched neoprene is pretty nominal. I've used the case a couple of months - and about 20 miles of...
  7. A

Small case for 5N with the EVF attached

I'm using the Op/Tech Digital D Soft Pouch. OP/TECH USA Digital D Soft Pouch, Offset (Black) 7401034 B&H I bought it before I got the EVF and it was slightly large, with the EVF it's slightly small. I have to stretch the neoprene a bit to close both the snaps that hold it closed. It's...