The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Bernd Bodtlaender

1. B

Nikon Z7 and wearing eyeglasses: no high Eyepoint

I just got my Nikon Z7. After tree days the biggest shortcoming seems to be that I can´t see the whole picture at once in the viewfinder when shooting. As a people and portrait photographer this is an issue for me. My compositions are not good, working with the EVF I don´t see every part of...
  2. B

Aptus Internal battery

In the meantime I finished the battery change successfully. I just took some pictures of details where my V-mount Aptus 75 differs from TMHs back. Here is the upper board which connects to the sensor: And the sensor unit with the different cables: Two closer views of the plugs which...
  3. B

Aptus Internal battery

OK, got it. When I lifted the two plugs more from the side towards the cable, from the part covered with heat shrink tube, they jumped off easily. I´m nowhere near 15 minutes, instead I spent hours today, trying to find information on the plugs via google and trying to unfasten the other...
  4. B

Aptus Internal battery

For opening my Aptus 75 V-mount 3/32 Hex would fit: But after opening the back I found out it is internally different from the one shown by TMH I wasn´t even able to unplug the first plug: Ever seen this kind of plug? How do I disconnect it? Seems to sit very tight. I don´t want...
  5. B

Aptus Internal battery

Thank you, Steve! I just want wo avoid having a focus misalignment afterwards. That´s why I´m asking. Doug, please read post #8. Never say never. Bernd
  6. B

Aptus Internal battery

So I want to change the battery of my Aptus 75 V-mount, too. But I found only 4 Hex-screws instead of the 6 torx screws (see photo). That means different mounts of the Aptus use a different number of differently located screws? Anybody here who has experience? Thanks, guys, Bernd
  7. B

Why is a used D3x still so expensive ?

The price of a used D3x is still higher than a new D800. How is that possible? The D800 has 50 percent more pixels, has less noise at higher ISO, better color depth. So why is the D3x still so expensive? Thanks for your ideas, Bernd
  8. B

HC 50mm Version I

I have an H3D39 which shows the slight weakness of the HC50 v1. I also have an HC150 v1 and I find it amazingly sharp wide open. Can´t imagine that there is a better one. Best, Bernd
  9. B

Hasselblad H2 auxiliary shutter problems

The auxiliary shutter of my H3D showed strange behavior after only 15.000 actuations, stayed open for too long and caused strange magenta pictures. I sent it to Hasselblad and they exchanged the part. Cost me around 400,- or 500,- EUR, two or three years ago. I think there is no alternative...
  10. B

HC 50mm Version I

The HC50 v1 is a bit soft wide open. Not very much, but more than the rest of the range between 80 and 300 mm. Of course I´d like to have the better lens, but at the moment I can´t justify the price of an upgrade. Best, Bernd
  11. B

Aptus Internal battery

I wished someone would at least give some hints how to open an Aptus back correctly. Until then I would try to reanimate the internal battery by constantly leaving a charged battery on your back for a long time. To avoid problems like this, I always keep a charged battery on my Aptus 75 and my...
  12. B

Hi Andrey, did you read my answer to your "smashed screen on my Aptus 65" thread? Would you...

Hi Andrey, did you read my answer to your "smashed screen on my Aptus 65" thread? Would you share some of your experience when opening your Aptus? Where did you start? Which screws to open first? Thank you very much, Bernd Bernd Bodtlaender Photography [email protected]
  13. B

IR Cover Glass H3D-22 and H2-22

Maybe your back was just recalibrated to factory standard as a part of the service during IR cover glass exchange on your back? Best, Bernd
  14. B

smashed screen on my LEAF 65

erratic touch screen on Leaf Aptus 75 Hey Andrey, good to see you how you managed the problem with the broken screen! The touchscreen of my Aptus 75 behaves erratic and often activates a different button than the one I intended. I did recalibrations on and on but it didn´t help. I think the...