The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Bimjo

1. B

leica 90mm f/2.8 elmarit-m & close up filters

As stated, while the Hawk's or VM will reduce the minimum focus distance of the 90 it will not get you into macro range. Since you already have a closeup lens, why not mount it and give it a go? ;)
  2. B

Electronic Viewfinder versus Optical Viewfinder

It's an adjustment, but like anything new you get used to it fairly quickly. DIfferences? IMO: In darker scenes the EVF gets really grainy, the OVF gets really dark. In fast moving scenes the EVF may smear a bit, the OVF won't. Some EVFs tilt, no OVF does. Great for shooting ceilings etc...
  3. B

Anybody going all Sigma on their NEX?

Me too. Or a Rokinon MF 8 or 10mm rectilinear would be nice. ;)
  4. B

WTB: Contax 28-85 or 35-70

I have a 28-85 in C/Y mount if you're interested. Asking $450 plus shipping of your choice.
  5. B

FS Voigtlander 21/4 Skopar, M adapter

PM sent.
  6. B

Thoughts on mirrorless FF camera with interchangeable lenses in 2013?

One wonders if a leaf shutter in the lens would solve the space issue.
  7. B

Full frame NEX?

If Sony were to go the way of the GXR and create a FF NEX with a M mount then lenses wouldn't be an issue for Sony at all. :toocool:
  8. B

G Lens a pancake?

As we all are. ;)
  9. B

G Lens a pancake?

Pick any two… :)
  10. B

Share your best NEX-5N images here

Well, these are with the lowly kit zoom, shot under a nice overcast sky with a piece of foamboard as a background. First two @ f/11, the last two @ f/13. All shots are full frame, no crops.
  11. B

Contax Distagon 28mm F2.8 on Nex-7 or Nex-5

It should work without issue. No worries re: vignette or color cast from the adaptor, it merely re-establishes the proper lens registration distance. I got my adaptor from Rainbow Imaging and it works fine on all my C/Y mount lenses.
  12. B

bokeh test Trying out the bokeh on a new-to-me SMC Takumar 55/1.8. I think I might learn to like it. Really busy background of framed pictures and a multi-panel mirror. Varied light sources- tungsten lamp, bright white tree lights & window light on the wall. And just to be weird- an...
  13. B

NEX 7 & "Stacked" adapters?

Ok. ;)
  14. B

NEX 7 & "Stacked" adapters?

"tolerance stack-up" may be the only issue. Each adapter has a manufacturing tolerance ± x. When added together it's possible that all + tolerances could get you to the point that you can't quite focus to infinity. Not probable, but possible.
  15. B

I was digging around in the closet this afternoon and found my Pentacon 6 300/4 lens that hasn't seen the light of day literally in years. So I drug it out, mounted it up on the tripod and hooked up the 5N. Took a couple of shots of the tree topper my wife made. First shot is the full frame...