The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by btrancho

1. btrancho

FS: Stabil Macro Tripod

I purchased this wonderful tripod about five years ago when I lived in the country and used it for a few months until life brought me to NYC where I put it in the closet and haven't used it since. It articulates like a spider and can bring your camera all the way to the ground or about 18"...
  2. btrancho

Blends

I've been gone from the forum for a long time - two moves, one to temporary digs for a while - but I've now settled down again and can get back more often. This one was taken on a trip to New Orleans a couple of years ago while walking early one morning near St. Louis Cathedral.
  3. btrancho

OMD ITPC Caption field

Once imported, I can certainly select all in Lightroom and then edit the field. That's what I've started to do. I was hoping that I could eliminate that step (so that I don't have to remember to do it). This is the first digital camera I've owned that captions every shot without my...
  4. btrancho

OMD ITPC Caption field

I am new to Olympus cameras and find it annoying that they plug in "OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA" in the ITPC Caption field on all images in the OMD. If this isn't deleted manually it shows up automatically when posting photos to Flickr, Facebook, etc. I've scoured the manual and see where I can...
  5. btrancho

Show or tell us: your OMD with grip (Oly or Milich)

I too have John's grip but I hold it differently than Linh. I use three fingers on the grip - my forefinger adjusts the front dial and presses the shutter - my thumb adjusts the rear dial and stabilizes on the thumb rest. I have somewhat large hands and find using the grip this way makes the...
  6. btrancho

Fun with the Olympus OMD

12-50mm - On Vanderbilt Ave. on my way back from picking up my Milich grip from John at his shop. (The latest version with the textured, slightly beefier grip.) This is a really sweet addition to my OMD. Makes it feel much more natural in my hand.
  7. btrancho

Blends

Re: No Blending Very true - she is a meld of both her parents. But, of course, her mother's parents were incredibly good looking so it stands to reason :grin: Okay, I'll get back OT now...
  8. btrancho

Blends

Thanks all. It was shot with the Panny G1 and the 20/1.7 at 1.7. The resulting bokeh worked very nicely with that particular texture. I can't resist being the proud grandfather. Here's little Emelia in her stroller during that walk. Same camera and lens but cropped and softened a bit.
  9. btrancho

Blends

Once again I've been away for a while and it's taken me quite a while to get through the pages of this thread I needed to catch up on. Really inspiring stuff being done here. I particularly enjoy Diane B's first factory shot. While I was down in NYC visiting my daughter and new grand-daughter...
  10. btrancho

Blends

Wow, I've been gone for a few days while doing some visiting and then tearing down and upgrading my computer (new HD, new monitor, upgrade to Win 7, reloading all my software, actions, etc.) and this thread is still producing really beautiful work. I especially like Mike's "Into the Trees" and...
  11. btrancho

Blends

Very true - the original has snow on the ground and a washed out winter sky. The ground almost extends up into the heavens. The positive comments are much appreciated.
  12. btrancho

Blends

I've been driving by an apple orchard near my home and noticing that one whole section had been left for the winter with some apples still on the trees. I finally got around to stopping and trekking through the snow to get some photos. This is with the G1, 14-45mm. Two textures. I call it...
  13. btrancho

shoot now and create later

I've been following this thread and decided to try using the basic technique of Uwe's script and the stretching that Mike used in his lovely stitched image. First is the "original" of the old Swazey Hotel at Bodie, processed to an IR look back over a year ago, and below it the blended result...
  14. btrancho

Blends

Yes, it comes off more like a castle in the Transylvania mountains than a government building :) but as I was working I liked the way the Lensbaby blur worked with the texture and B&W post processing to give it a sort of Rocky Schenck look. Thanks for all the kind comments.
  15. btrancho

Blends

I had done some experimenting with blends and texture a while back, inspired by some of Mark Tucker's work (his Salton Sea series) but put it aside after a while. This thread got me inspired again. This is the state capitol building in Albany, New York. Shot one evening last summer with the...