The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by chris007

1. C

Sigma DP3M

This here is from Devil's Punchbowl Waterfall near Arthur's Pass in New Zealand.
  2. C

DP Merrill color Landscapes

Thank you The Ute. Here another one from a lake called "Kogelsee" in the "Lechtaler Alpen" (Tirol, Austria). Again shot with the Sigma Dp1m in combination with a polarizer and a ND-grad-filter and 3 frames for dynamic range.
  3. C

Last weekend I visited my "backyard" mountain, the Roßkogel. I had my new companions, the DP1m and the DP3m, with me and had a lot of fun. Especially the autumn colors where stunning. The picture was made with the DP1m, processed with SPP and post-processed with Lightroom/Photoshop. While it was...
  4. C

A panorama from an overnight trip in the Stubai mountains (Tyrol, Austria). The picture was made from 8 frames out of a DP1m and stitched together with PTGui. This artificial lake is called "Finstertaler Stausee" located near Kühtai.
  5. C

Sigma DP3M

Shot with my brand new DP3m to test macro-ability. While not true macro, I like the result.
  6. C

dp2 merrill but?

For me that's one of the few drawbacks of the DPxM series that really hurts. Another one is the limited long exposure time (not more than 30 seconds). This and a few minor issues (battery) made me return the DP1m. But whenever I see the pictures from it, I'm not sure if this decision was...
  7. C

dp2 merrill but?

Hi tray271, I know your way of focusing very well. I have the same approach when I do landscape shots with a DSLR (in my case a Canon one). This way is the most accurate one I know, and was only possible when DSLR's got live view a few years ago. I tried to apply this method on the DP1m. It is...
  8. C

dp2 merrill but?

I had the same experiences when focusing with magnified viewfinder on the DP1m. The viewfinder image is never really sharp. Other cameras show a more sharper picture in liveview-mode. Nevertheless you have to choose the most sharpest focus position and you are fine ;) Chris
  9. C

Thanks Louis, you nailed it. It's the weight of a FF Camera and the other equipment that made me think of a one (or two) of the small Sigma DPm's. To be honest I hover between a Fuji X-E1 and the Sigma DP1m. While image quality is clear better on the Sigma, overall performance is better on the...
  10. C

I'm sorry, I answered your question in the first of my posts. But due the link to my blog posted there, it needed a moderator to verify it. But after 2 days I thought the post will never show up and I made a new one without the link. And here I have forgotten to write the location. As...
  11. C

My color setting in camera was "Standard". I changed it to "Landscape" afterwards in SPP, because I liked the colors more. I had a green color cast in the foreground, which I couldn't get rid of with the color adjustment wheel in SPP. So I exported a .tiff file and made local color corrections...
  12. C

'B' mode on DP2M, possible?

It depends on a few parameters. How fast is the water floating? How bright is the overall scene? Which effect do you want? To make water look blurry in my opinion it's not necessary to use 10 Stop filter. With a 6 stop ND in normal light conditions you can reach 2 to 20 seconds exposure time...
  13. C

Sorry Antonie, I can't answer that question in a proper way at the moment, I have not tested with the 10 step ND filter. Of course it all depends on the light available. In very bright conditions 30 seconds can be enough to get a correct exposed frame. But for instance at sunrise or sunset 30...
  14. C

Thanks Ute, My in-camera color setting was "Standard", but I changed in SPP to "Landscape" because I liked the overall color more. WB was set to Sunlight, I didn't change that. The image showed a slight green color cast in the foreground which looked a bit unnatural. I tried to get rid of it...
  15. C

This is one of the main drawback of the DPxM's. I often use 10 stop filter, but I can't use them with DP1m. I think it's possible to make a few frames with the built-in intervalometer and put them together with PS. But then I have to deal with many huge files, which sometimes is a pain. I...