The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by CNovick

1. CNovick

Fun with Nikon Images

Panoramic taken from one of the lookout points on Prospect Mountain in Lake George at the southern end of the Adirondack mountains. Gigapan Head - 120 stitched photographs.
  2. CNovick

Fun with Nikon Images

Cropped from a 280 frame pano of the cliffs across Chapel Pond in the Keene Valley of the Adirondacks. The camera is a D3200; Lens 55-200 (@129mm); ISO 400; f 22; 1/6 shutter; mounted on a Gigapan.
  3. CNovick

Fun with Nikon Images

While out in the woods, getting a shot of the pond, I started getting hit with pieces of bark. I Look up and just above me was Woody!
  4. CNovick

Fun with Nikon Images

Gull Pond pano - Where we made our base camp. Comprised of 358 stitched photos. Approximately 150 deg. view, taken with a D3200, 200mm Nikon lens and a GigaPan head.
  5. CNovick

Fun with Nikon Images

On one of the days, we made a trip to the summit of Whiteface Mountain.
  6. CNovick

Fun with Nikon Images

My grand-daughter decided that she wanted to trip back with me into the wilderness of the Adirondacks. It turns out, she's tougher than I am! "Indiana" Jocelyn
  7. CNovick

Fun with Nikon Images

I GOT MYSELF A NEW TOY!!! Delivered yesterday! A Gigapan Pano head. This thing is amazing. The photo here is my very first attempt at using it. Nikon d3200 with 55mm lens, and an 8x3 picture exposure. The FOV was about 160+/- degrees. The stitching software with it is great! The photograph...
  8. CNovick

Fun with Nikon Images

Yep - that's me! Had to take a ride in one of them. Interesting experience.
  9. CNovick

Fun with Nikon Images

Some of the balloons at the Balloon Festival at the Saratoga Fairgrounds today. I love the color contrasts, BUT 4:00 a.m. is awful early to get up to go take pictures!
  10. CNovick

Fun with Nikon Images

Photo of a falls about 3/4 mile downstream from Taughannock Falls. Conrad
  11. CNovick

Fun with Nikon Images

Photo of Taughannock Falls -- a 200'+ high falls just north of Ithaca, in the finger lakes area of New York (USA). Having grown up right next door to Niagara Falls, All I can say of this falls is -- Awesome! With the spray of the falls, I really didn't want to get any closer - I may have to...
  12. CNovick

Fun with Nikon Images

Up early! Another Waterfall to capture. This one was easy - Dickinson Falls - just a few hundred feet through the woods (and about 50' down) at the side of the road. In the town of Westerlo - outside of Albany, NY (USA). A 60' + waterfall. Nikon D3200/Sigma 10mm-20mm Lens @ 18 mm
  13. CNovick

Fun with Nikon Images

On my way to Shelving Rock Falls - driving along a dirt road - I heard the water flowing and after some investigating, I found this roadside stream and falls. Nikon D3200 / 10-20 Sigma Lens @14mm / f25
  14. CNovick

Fun with Nikon Images

I also am back to chasing waterfalls in the wilderness areas. This is Shelving Rock Falls - a 70'-80' falls on the east side of Lake George, NY USA. I will say, the water in front of the falls was a bit deeper than I anticipated - up to my waist (I thought it was only knee deep)! But, I did get...
  15. CNovick

Fun with Nikon Images

"City in a Fog" Photo of Albany, New York - taken early morning 4/12. As I was on my way out to the Catskill Mountains with my camera, I saw this in my rear-view mirror and had to get off the interstate to take a shot of it. There IS an entire city under all of that! Photo was taken with a...