The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Evanjoe610

1. E

Digital Nikon with manual lenses

forgotI never bought into a Digital SLR for the longest time. Sad to say that I did not like what I saw as the final image when it first came. I stuck to the Canon P&S cameras and my Nikon F100 along with my prime lenses. Yes, I shot film for the longest time, but always used the Kodak PhotoCD...
  2. E

Contax 645 Service in Los Angeles

Daniel, you might want to call them to see what they can service in NJ short of sending it to Japan.
  3. E

Hi Daniel, As you may know or now, Tocad is winding down the Service Work for all of Kyocera Products. At Tocad America, they are doing all of the645 system, the G System, N System, any of the later 35mm system such as Aria, RX, etc and the AE/MM Lenses. Kyocera Japan will cease all service as...
  4. E

If you haven't brought it in for repairs, I would recommend Tocad America. I brought in my Contax 645 Kit along with 3 additional lenses for it to be service in Japan. In addition, I left them my Aria with 4 prime lenses for repair. After March1, 2015, no more servicing of any Contax Yashica...
  5. E

New member - Mamiya 645 Pro TL

Tony, Gung Hey Fat Choy! Great photos and great use of the 35mm. I love WIDE shots! I will heading into Beijing this summer possibly if things work out. Why not shoot some photos of the harbor and also whatever remaining junk boats in the New Territory side? Do you go onto the mainland often...
  6. E

contax 645 adapter to fit mamiya 645?

Bo Ming, Thank you for the update regarding the NAM-1 conversion. Would it be safe to assume that all of the Contax 645 lenses will work without any problems on all of the Canon EOS DLSR? Any problem using it on thew Rebel T2i? Evan
  7. E

Hasselblad to Mamiya 645 Adapter

Anders, There are several vendors for this item. 1. Zoerkendorfer (Go to their website) 2. Novoflex ? (Not sure if they have one, but guess they might be a good check on) 3. Kindai adapters from Japan (High Quality) 4. Fotodiox - 2 levels - PRO and Consumer Grade 5. Mamiya Version (Possibly...
  8. E

Victor, Conurus will take your Nam-1 (he doesn't stock them) and re-engineered the electronics so that this adapter will mount onto you Canon EOS DSLR and recognize all of the Contax 645 optics... I plan to take him up on this offer and will have to decide HARD if I should sacrifice my NAM-1...
  9. E

Eric, The Contax 645 optics are all electronic and has electrical contacts for the camera body to interact with the lenses. The 120mm is the exception, as it is manual. As I stated as far as I know, beside using the Contax N1, the 645 optics can not be used on any other camera system. Your...
  10. E

Eric, Only Zoerkendorfer has an adapter that would allow the use of Mamiya 645 optics on the Contax 645. As far as I know, the Contax 645 optics can't be used on anything beside the Contax 645 and the N system.
  11. E

FS: Hasselblad 50mm f/2.8 F

To any "lookers" or "lurkers", FWIW, I use this lens on my Contax 645 with the MAM-1 adapter. I believe that this lens could also be used on the Pentax 645n and Mamiya 645 series with the correct adapter. I'm in the same as Jim, Its a fantastic lens to own. Evan
  12. E

Accessories for MF Photography

Carsten, Take a look at the Lightware cases. I have several of them for traveling and I placed them inside of a Pelican case. As Don mentioned, the Pelican is so strong and tough, you can stand on it if needed! I also switch between Tenba or Lowepro bags depending on what I carry. There is no...
  13. E

Whats the new MF camera?

Doug I know, but how true it is. I have been watching how the publication houses dictate to thew photographers what they will accept, how much they will pay, and what to use. Its all about relationship and the need to control cost. I envy everyone here as they have moved into the digital world...
  14. E

Whats the new MF camera?

Doug, Sorry if I had offend you by asking this question within this thread. I am not a professional who makes his living from photography, so I have to make the best of what I have on hand. I was given one of these scanner, so I was asking Yair for some advice. Nothing more. I will limit my...
  15. E

Whats the new MF camera?

Yair, Thank you for the explanation. What is Kodak's outlook on the future of the professional flatbed scanners? I'm using a Jazz+ and also an Eversmart Pro II. Will there still be future software development for the Supreme & IQSmart scanners? Thanks in advance, Evan