The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by freaklikeme

1. F

Leaf donor

I'll crack my Aptus 75 open tomorrow evening and let you know what I find. I'd be a little surprised if this part didn't remain consistent throughout the Aptus lines.
  2. F

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

They've advertised it as working with the V lenses via their XV adapter on the 907x, which would require the ES. I guess there's a possibility they could limit that functionality to use with the 907x only.
  3. F

Hasselblad Teaser and Upcoming Announcement

One thing that would make the 907x really attractive is another take on the VX adapter. Stick with the tube design but add a rotating grip around it that's geared one-way to a shutter-cocking pin and electrical contacts on the camera side to power a motorized shutter trip. You wouldn't have to...
  4. F

If I remember correctly, people were reporting the lens did not play well with the sensor on the original CFV. Much like trying to use a ZM 21/4.5 on an M240, the ray angle of incidence causes smearing from the mid-zone out. Since it's the same sensor, I believe it will have the same problem.
  5. F

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

Did Hassy eventually drop the price on the original CFV? When I looked at them while they were still in production, they were $10k. My guess is $7k for the back, $3k for the body, and another $3k if you want to add the grip and optical finder.
  6. F

I wonder if the more competitive pricing of the X1D II will lead to some more competitive sale pricing on the existing lens line. I'm not saying Hassy should try to go head to head with Fuji. It's reasonable for lenses with a central shutter to get premium pricing, but some healthy instant...
  7. F

That'd be sad if it were true.
  8. F

I do love the looks of that camera, and the back would be perfection if it had a BSI sensor. As it stands, I get better results from my 50MP CCD back than the first gen CMOS sensors on my tech lenses, even though I have to resort to ground glass for focusing. Still, maybe if this sells well...
  9. F

It sounds like Phase has abandoned the 44x33 sensors so, Hassy may be the only chance tech camera users see a reasonably priced back with a BSI sensor. I doubt it will happen, but they've done crazier things so, there's always hope.
  10. F

Wouldn't that be great? And it's probably not out of the realm of possibility. Maybe we're actually going to see three new products. The X1D direct successor, which seems obvious since they discontinued the 50c. Then a CFV-100C stand alone or as the back on a V1D.
  11. F

200-600/5.6-6.3 and 600/4 Announced

It's the same MSRP as the Sigma Sport 150-600, which I believe was intentional.
  12. F

Lenses for actus

Depending on how thrifty you want to be, you can find some great older lenses at bargain prices. The Rodenstock APO Grandagon/APO Sironar Digital 35, 45, 55, and 90 are all excellent performers with big image circles, so lots of room for shifts and panos. The APO Sironar Digital 105/5.6 is...
  13. F

Toyo VX23D and Cambo DPB-23

CI had a DPB-23 open box that Steve H. tracked down for me, and after a little dance with Fed-Ex, it's in my hands. The good news is it fits, and fits well enough that I can shoot with it no problem, but there is a tiny amount of vertical shift possible if push it. I think that can be remedied...
  14. F

Thanks. I will keep that in mind as I'm testing the system. The only lens I have that really begs to be shot 6x9 is the Grandagon 35, though I could easily imagine picking up a Heligon 80/2.8 to use as a portrait lens. You may be getting a message if everything works out. Yeah, my Actus has...
  15. F

I appreciate the heads-up. I do eventually want to have a 6x9 film option for the camera, so I'll keep an eye out for one. I'd also like to find the long bellows for it eventually. Assuming I can get it working, it will replace the Actus.