The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by geneg12

1. G

Gray market Nikon cameras

I have a limited budget but need the advanced focus and high shutter speed for eagle photography. I am thinking of a gray market Nikon D5 and what to know if anyone has bought gray market and have had good experiences? Thanks, Gene
  2. G

WTB: Hasselblad swc

What price are you willing to pay? Gene
  3. G

AF Zone question on D810

I have the D810 and 70-200mm f2.8 and 200-400mm f4 lens. I am doing an eagle fieldtrip on the James River in Virginia. I wanted to know what birders use for AF and ISO to photograph eagles fishing on a river. Last time I used central focus and the rear button for focus. That didn't work...
  4. G

FS: Fuji GX680 III kit, tripod, ball head, back pack, extras

Hi, I do a little film work but 90% is with Nikon D810 and good quality lens. I am looking at 2 Hasselblads but if you are interested I would pay $900 for all your Fuji GX680 equipment and if the LoBoy is what you carried Fuji in I'd like that as well. Are you interested? My email address is...
  5. G

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Here is my first photo from a Nikon D100 converted to IR. It was below zero that day but great light.
  6. G

Attaching a Nikon DSLR to an old Kodak view camera

I did some google searches and found it has been done with a Nikon D800 and a single rail 4x5 view camera. I'd like to know if anyone has bought or built a pack for a view camera. My questions: What back did you use and what extention tube did you use? What lens did you use on view camera...
  7. G

Best Nikon DSLR Camera for wedding photography?

I wouldnt focus on the camera as much as the lens! Good glass gives any camera a fighting chance at a good photograph.