The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by jffielde

1. J

New Voigt 10mm & 12mm III (vs old Voigt 12mm II)

Very helpful. Thank you. Those images look unchanged from the version II that I have. Of course, 10mm is different than 12mm! Thank you.
  2. J

New Voigt 10mm & 12mm III (vs old Voigt 12mm II)

Can anyone who owns the Voigt 12mm II and either of the Voigt 10mm or the 12mm III (when available) compare them? I own the 12mm II and I would like to know if there's any reasons to consider complimenting it with the 10mm or replacing it with the 12mm III. I don't expect to do so, but I would...
  3. J

How R U former MM1 and now M246 Shooters Getting Along?

I'm completely happy with the switch from the MM to the M246. It took me awhile to come around to swap to the M240 from the M9, but it was worth it. When I look back now at my randomized portfolio, I generally pick the M240 files as my favorites. My preference for the M9 wore off over the...
  4. J

leica 28mm 1.4 is out and about on its own

Wow, that's a much better MTF. The other one is the mistake hopefully.
  5. J

Press release Leica C

Hard to imagine anything more delegitimizing than the term "fashion forward". Even Apple wouldn't be comfortable so directly suggesting there's so little substance to a product. Wow.
  6. J

Monochrom Processing in Aperture Aperture?

Does anyone have a good formula for processing Leica Monochrom files in Apple Aperture? Of course, every file is different and my taste may vary from yours, but I would appreciate a good starting point for reducing the "flatness" of the image to something with a little more bite.
  7. J

Some photographs with my new M240

I really like those images. Thanks for showing a little of what the 240 can do.
  8. J

How many of the M9 shooters are skipping M240

I'm torn. So much so that I've canceled my M240 order twice! I think it's hard to see how Leica could have made any less improvement between these two camera generations than they did, but a few of the features are desirable for me. I would like the exceptionally modest ISO improvements, but...
  9. J

Keep or sell M9 when new M arrives?

I think I will either sell the M9 or return the M240 within a week of receipt of the M240. If the base IQ is comparable and the banding isn't an issue through ISO 4000, I'll sell the M9. If either of those two issues are present, I'll return the M240.
  10. J

Sean Reid's M9/MM/M240 Comparison

Thank you for your reply. May I assume that you would regard an image as "spoiled" if you saw banding in it?
  11. J

Sean Reid's M9/MM/M240 Comparison

I've been on the waiting list from Day 1, and I'm still not quite sure that I'm all in. Sean's review really shows how great the M9 (still) is and how great the MM is at B&W. I prefer the look of the M9 from base ISO - 640 or so, but the noise from the M240 is acceptable to me through ISO 4000...