The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by JohnL

1. J

Positive feedback Nicoswartz

I recently purchased a SK60 XL also from Nico. I am very appreciative for the opportunity to acquire this rare lens from him. Absolutely great condition and very smooth transaction. As stated above, "You can buy with confidence."
  2. J

Phase One and vintage Telephoto lenses

Hi Dave, yes it was! Ken and Don's PIGS "non-workshop" 2018. Really enjoyed those get-togethers. 2019 in Lake Tahoe was the last one unfortunately. I see you've been traveling a bit lately and making some very wonderful images, from what I've seen lurking here on GetDpi. John
  3. J

Phase One and vintage Telephoto lenses

I'm a bit late to this thread, but... I use the 270 on my Techno, and I like it. My copy is surprisingly sharp for a 4x5 lens. I tested it on an IQ3100 some years ago against a friend's Zeiss SA 250/5.6 on an Alpa STC. The SA is definitely sharper and crisper than the Nikkor, by viewing the...
  4. J

SOLD FS: 57 rolls of expired mixed 120 film

See if you got my PM back to you. And thanks for your interest.
  5. J

SOLD FS: 57 rolls of expired mixed 120 film

I have 57 rolls of mixed 120 film for sale. Always frozen, except when pulled out of freezer a couple months ago into a below-room temperature environment. Kodak Ektachrome 100x, Exp 1994, 11 rolls, one opened but still sealed Kodak Ektachrome 64, Exp 1987, 16 rolls Kodak T-Max 400, Exp...
  6. J

Sold

I think this lens is a good value for the money. I have one on my Linhof Techno. In terms of resolution, it's right up there with the rest of my Rodies and Apo-Digitars on my Iq3100.
  7. J

Phase One IQ3 Remote Release

I did have black duct tape on mine, but switched to black shrink irrigation tubing from the hardware store to keep them together. Now they look like an OEM integrated unit. :grin:
  8. J

Phase One IQ3 Remote Release

Myself, I prefer to use a wired shutter release with my IQ3100. I can capture peak wave action and such more precisely than tapping the LCD or a connected phone. I use my old multi-connector to mini jack adapter with a older Canon Rebel cable release. If the newer Phase One Electronic Shutter...
  9. J

Rodenstock*90mm f/5.6 HR Digaron-W/SW Lens VS The previous generation

I think the MTF graph for the 90 SW is actually for f-stop 8. According the Rodenstock spec sheet for the 90 SW, the first MTF shown is titled f-stop 4, but the 90 SW is a f5.6 lens. The first graph is probably for f5.6 and the next one is probably f8. Nonetheless, according to the MTF graphs...
  10. J

New Mexico accommodation

Hello all, I’ve been a member of GetDPI for more than 10 years. I rarely post and mostly lurk, but I’ve learned much from others’ posts and images. Hoping that I’m not breaking any site rules or committing other faux pas, I’m posting the following: In the interest of making acquaintance and...
  11. J

Longer lens for view camera (digital + film)

I have used the Fuji t300 and the Nikkor ED t270 on my Linhof Techno and P1 3100. I found the Fuji a bit soft in contrast, some CA at F8 but with decent resolution, improving at F11. Nothing to sneeze at using it on my P1. The Nikkor ED t270 is contrastier and a bit sharper, approaching, but...
  12. J

Longer lens for view camera (digital + film)

I have used the Fuji t300 and the Nikkor ED t270 on my Linhof Techno and P1 3100. I found the Fuji a bit soft in contrast, some CA at F8 but with decent resolution, improving at F11. Nothing to sneeze at using it on my P1. The Nikkor ED t270 is contrastier and a bit sharper, approaching, but...
  13. J

Technical Camera Images

Sand Harbor from the same 2019 Pigs anti-workshop in Lake Tahoe. Still at Lake Tahoe, so first rendition on old laptop. Linhof Techno, 40mm Rodie, IQ3 100.
  14. J

The Merits and Workflow of Various Viewfinder Tools

OK, 4th try Hi Dave, Regarding the viewfinder card, I've made several, the last one with a particular length of string that, when wrapped into several "calibrated" notches in the card, gave me FOV of various focal lengths when the end of the string was held at the end of my nose. Of course...