The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by kimbrunstudio

1. K

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

Mt Hood Oregon storm clearing.
  2. K

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) A7RII and Zeiss 1356 f2 APO Sonnar. Spring growth on ferns in the yard.
  3. K

White Birch peeling bark
  4. White Birch peeling

White Birch peeling

5. K

Old Sternwheeler and paper mill. Late afternoon sunset.
  6. BnW Old Sternwheeler

BnW Old Sternwheeler

Late afternoon sunset with paper mill up river.
  7. K

Sorry, but I just don’t get it - a bit of a rant

I agree with Guy. Really maximizes my lenses. Still amazed each time I shoot with the Sigma 50 ART or the Zeiss 135 APO. Most of my Canon glass gives incredible results as well. Looking forward to the Sigma MC-11 adding AF functionality to the 50 ART. What a great combo this should be.
  8. K

Sigma MC11 Canon EF to E mount adapter

Here is a list of the functions the Sigma MC-11 adapter will support for each of the Sigma EF lenses. Notice not all of the FE functions are supported. Particularly the AFC. http://www.sigma-global.com/en/lenses/cas/product/accessories/mount-converter/
  9. K

Sony A7RII File Corruption Question

Have you tried downloading to a hard drive and then Importing from there. Had a similar issue with an SDXC card that seemed corrupted. Downloaded the contents and then re-formatted in the camera. No issues since. All the "corrupted files" were Imported successfully from the hard drive. I am...
  10. K

A7RII, Metabones IV, TSE 17mm and camera stops

Why not use a smart phone or tablet as a shutter release? I set my Smart Remote Control for a 2 second delay to let things settle. No Hands on the camera.
  11. White Birch bark

White Birch bark

A7r II and Zeiss 135mm f2 APO
  12. K

Sony updates the remote app for tablets and mobiles

Disabling the phone/tablet Auto-Rotate does provide a work around. At least I can compose a vertical shot by rotating the phone/tablet to horizontal without having the image rotate. The Live View is smaller than the a horizontal shot but it works. Thanks!
  13. K

Sony updates the remote app for tablets and mobiles

When you are shooting via a mobile device, how do you get the Live View to show Portrait shots. The Live View shows every shot as a Landscape. Rotating the mobile device triggers the Auto-Rotate function on the device and thus you can not compose a vertical shot. I have turned off the cameras...
  14. K

A7r, Actus and Canon 'dumb' mount

A couple of things come to mind. First it looks like the Canon 24 TSE does not have enough coverage thus all four corners are out of the image area. Two possible explanations. First, bring the front and back standards closer to one another. This will bring the chip closer to the lens and...
  15. K

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) working with my A7rII and the Fotodiox adapter with a Sigma 50 ART.