The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by monza

1. M

TechArt Pro Ver3.0.0 firmware released

I find updating to be a POC. :)
  2. M

TechArt Pro Ver3.0.0 firmware released

I have not had time to test 3, but was having weird glitches with 2. Random menu settings would change, and sometimes the adapter would just stop working, requiring a reboot.
  3. M

New Leica M ... ?

We all tend to gain a little girth as we get older. ;)
  4. M

Auto focus with anything!

Quick test: 80-200 c/y at f/4, 771 total grams with the c/y to M adapter. At 80mm, lens focused at infinity: easily confirms focus (subject at 10 feet in this case.) At 200mm, it struggled with the lens at infinity. Manually focused lens until things looked reasonably sharp in the viewfinder...
  5. M

This is completely false. It's an extremely valuable tool, being able to confirm focus FAR more accurately and quickly than by focus peaking/magnification. :)
  6. M

What I'm seeing is that when the AF button is pressed the adapter just barely moves, and gives up. It's almost like it's too far out of range, and so it doesn't know what to do... Manual focus the lens to get things reasonably close, then press AF button, and it confirms right away.
  7. M

I'm a member of AA. :) It's my guess that 'heavy' isn't a particular problem (although at some point a lens would definitely be too heavy at which point I suppose the camera would move, not the lens.) I'm going to do more testing but I think it's more related to focal length. I'm going to test...
  8. M

Wides and normals and short teles seem to work very well with the adapter. Longer lenses have more difficulty, this is where getting close with the focusing ring, and then using the Techart to confirm focus, is the proper method. Overall I'm extremely pleased. When the adapter confirms focus...
  9. M

I tend to agree. In that case, anything that is short distance from the camera, adjust the lens focusing ring until things are reasonably sharp in the viewfinder (instead of using the AF system) then press the AF button to confirm focus and shoot. :)
  10. M

Thanks...I didn't see the 75/2 pic at first. I have one FLE lens but have not had time to test. I have found the adapter to be extremely accurate. Much more than I could be, with magnify and focus peaking...
  11. M

Pics?
  12. M

More here:
  13. M

To use magnification you'll need to go into manual focus mode. This has to be assigned to a button; on my camera it's set to the center button. Magnify is set to C2.
  14. M

New Leica M ... ?

I agree with regards to thickness. They don't do enough volume to justify the expense of sensor assembly size reduction...
  15. M

New Leica M ... ?

Wouldn't be the first time. :) I measured an M3 baseplate, and one of the prototype M-Mate baseplates for M8/M9 that I designed for Luigi. Here is a comparison. 36.73mm vs 32.31mm. 4.42mm doesn't sound like a lot, but it ends up contributing to a significantly greater volume.