The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by multigary

1. M

Bought: Phase One 645DF or DF+

I’ve got a like new one in NY.
  2. M

FS: Lens Adapters for Fuji GFX and a few others

Is the gfx to Mamiya 645 Fotodiox adapter still available?
  3. M

Phase One 645DF Mirror Lockup Problem

I had an opportunity to discuss the mirror lock up issue last week with Claus Molgaard, Vice President of Research and Development at Phase One. He assured me that they are working on a fix, which he said should happen before the end of the year. His explanation of why they think it happens is...
  4. M

Buying an Alpa for my IQ140?!

Thanks for catching that typo, Graham! It's been edited with the correction.
  5. M

Buying an Alpa for my IQ140?!

Your question has no simple answer, and in fact, it opens up a huge can of worms as to which tech camera in general would be best for you. I am in a similar situation, and just did two months of obsessive research on this. At this point, I think I could be a salesman for either Arca, Cambo or...
  6. M

sensor size question

When comparing the Phase sensors, the pixel size of the p40+, p60+, IQ140, and IQ160 are all the same. In fact, the sensors of those backs are all identical. The smaller sensors are literally just smaller in physical dimensions than the full frame versions. So if you stiched with a p40 or...
  7. M

sensor size question

Dan, I just opted for the IQ140 to use with a tech camera. Of course, budget reasons were a big factor, but in reality I don't need the extra resolution. The only limitations (for me) are: 1) less ability to crop the file later on 2) not seeing a full frame in my DF viewfinder, which is quite...
  8. M

If this problem was "arbitrary" and purely based on chance, due to an undetected software glitch, I would expect it to affect all DF cameras somewhat equally. The fact that some users are having no or minimal problems, compared to others having the problem much more frequently, suggests to me...
  9. M

That's a good question, have Leaf back users had any of these lockup problems when using a DF body?
  10. M

Graham, Thank you for so clearly articulating this problem in your last post. I have been enduring this situation in silence for the past two years, often reaching for my Sony A900 in critical changing light to ensure reliability. I truly hope, especially if enough users complain, that this...
  11. M

My shutter locks up every 40-50 acuations. It's quite frustrating.
  12. M

I have had this same problem with my DF body since day 1 (almost 2 years now). I'm happy to learn that I'm not the only one, but it doesn't make me feel any more confident using the camera, and I would never be able to safely use it for anything other than Landscape or Architectural work. Even...
  13. M

SOLD:Mamiya Cable Release Electromagnetic 1m for 645AF

Re: FS:Mamiya Cable Release Electromagnetic 1m for 645AF Payment sent. Thanks.
  14. M

SOLD:Mamiya Cable Release Electromagnetic 1m for 645AF

Re: FS:Mamiya Cable Release Electromagnetic 1m for 645AF PM sent.