The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by olaf

1. O

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

'Lost', a candid Street shot with the SL & 24-90. Yes it's bulky compared to my M240 but surreptitious shooting is still perfectly feasable. With an M lens it only weighs 250 gms more than an M240 with the same lens and has the benefit of simple effective focus magnification. Whilst it weighs...
  2. O

Fun w/Digital M Images

Foot steps London. M & 50mm Summilux.
  3. O

Fun w/Digital M Images

Metaphor. M + 50mm Summilux.
  4. O

Fun w/Digital M Images

The Cobb, Lyme Regis, UK. The setting for the French Lieutenants Woman. Leica M + 50mm Summilux.
  5. O

Best adaptor for Nikon lens on an M240?

Hi Vivek Yep I've got the point now. Thanks for your help.
  6. O

Yep it certainly is expensive! But thanks for the lead. I'll probably experiment with a cheaper alternative first.
  7. O

Hi Vivek Well identified:) The full title is Sigma 150mm f2.8, APO Macro EX DG OS. But I don't understand your comment re no adaptor needed? I have to attach it to the M240 somehow - sounds like I'm missing something here..... please explain... thx.
  8. O

Yes I know it is heresy but I want to try a Nikon mount 150mm macro on my M240 prior to ebaying the lens if it doesn't work out too well. Any advice you could give on which adaptor would be appreciated. Thx. Olaf Olaf Willoughby creative explorations in photography
  9. O

Hi Jono Thanks for taking the time to explain this. I'm glad to see this has already been raised...

Hi Jono Thanks for taking the time to explain this. I'm glad to see this has already been raised seriously with Leica. It really is a horrible oversight. I won't mention anything. BTW a few of us met up early in August to do a Leica walk along the South Bank. It included Marc Hartog of Aptitude...
  10. O

Jono Slack's piece on the M(240)

Hi Jono Firstly, thank you for an excellent review. Secondly I've just picked up my M and am a little puzzled by the fact that I find setting exposure compensation an ergonomic challenge. Apart from a negative comment by Tim Ashley, there seems to be very little criticism of the need to press...
  11. O

better Leica lens caps

Hi Goomz I have a similar loose lens cap issue with my 24mm Summilux. A kind soul on this forum suggested S K Grimes, a photo engineering company in the US. By a freak coincidence, even though I live in London, I found myself driving through their town of Woonsocket, RI, about 4 weeks ago. So I...
  12. O

Leica M (type 240) Field Test and Review

Hi Kristian Nice balanced calm review. Makes for a good read. Thanks for sharing! Olaf Olaf Willoughby creative explorations in photography
  13. O

Photoshop goes subscription only

The triumph of the bean counters. A strange thing happens in some very large companies. They start believing their own publicity. The corporate ego swells, they think they are invincible and they start to take their customers for granted. Phase One Capture Pro 7 is 229 Euros and Aperture is £55...
  14. O

24 mm Summilux lenscap ideas?

Hi Thx for your kind words Photojazz, appreciated. And Stephen, I pinged off a mail to SK Grimes just in case they can help out. Thanks both of you! Olaf Olaf Willoughby creative explorations in photography
  15. O

24 mm Summilux lenscap ideas?

Hi folks I have a 24mm Summilux. Great lens. Appalling poorly made plastic lens cap which now slips off so badly that it can only be held in place with elastic bands. I'm probably not the only one with this issue. Any alternatives out there that you may have tried? Thanks. Olaf Olaf Willoughby...