The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Peterm1_Leica

1. P

NEX-7 and Pentax M42 lenses

I am fortunate enough to have perhaps 20 Pentax Takumar M42 lenses that I have collected over the years, all of which have a well deserved reputation for excellence in build and optical quality. The first NEX adapter I bought was one for a Leica M lenses - fortunately I already owned an...
  2. P

NEX 7 & "Stacked" adapters?

There is no reason in principle why stakced adapters will not work so long as they are each well made to reasonable tolerances. Especially with an NEX camera, where you are seeing the image on the LCD in real time, even if they are slightly out of tolerance that may not be an issue - as it...
  3. P

Soviet LTM lenses , was there ever a jupiter 9?

I had the poor focussing issue with the J9 on my M8. Funny enough I recall using with my M3 and getting some good shots. BUt now I just use it on a Sony NEX where there is no issue as you see exactly what is in focus and what is not on screen. For this purpose it works well.
  4. P

Focus Peaking is expensive

I am lucky that I have a plethora of old legacy SLR glass including Leica, Nikon, Canon FL and Pentax Super (and SMC) Takumar. Oh and some Voigtlander Leica M mount glass. I have found that you do not need to buy the most expensive Leica glass to use it well on the Sony NEX system unless you...
  5. P

Will adhesive tape spoil the lens coating?

I doubt that it would damage coating in the short term but I know for sure it can if left on. I once bought a nice little chrome ring 39mm Leica UV filter that someone had unwisely stuck a little round dot price tag on. And had positioned it on the front of the glass element. When I got it home...
  6. P

This may be heresy, but here goes...

I have had an M8 for a few months and can only say that in that time, whether I am shooting Leica glass or Voigtlander glass the images I take seem to need less post processing than other images I have taken with DSLRs. And they turn out very nice indeed. Of course this suggests that there is...
  7. P

M9 diopter lenses

The easiest way I have found is to go to your local chemist store (read drug store I suppose in USA) and find the stand where they have non prescription reading glasses. Then start trying them on and looking through your finder. In my case my right eye (my preferred shooting eye) requires +2.75...