The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by phips243

1. P

How to Zoom on playback XE-1

To check focus quickly, press the multi-purpose wheel (as you would to zoom in for manual focusing). The picture will be zoomed in 100% at the focus point.
  2. P

23mm lens or Fuji XT-1

I love the 23/1.4 and I use it with the X-E1 as well. I still didn't buy the X-T1 and probably will wait till autumn to see what the X-Pro2 will be about...I still am crazy enough to hope it indeed will feature an organic sensor :D
  3. P

Nodal slide for DP3

I received the Sunway 100mm nodal slide today, as well as the rotor 2 days earlier. I can confirm that the 100mm version is more than suited for your needs. And it seems to be machined very well as well. But as I said, the rotor won't do for the DP3M... A quick and dirty photograph of the thing...
  4. P

DP quattro

If the DP2Q really will be available in June, I find it eighter weird there is not a single sample image to be found...
  5. P

Nodal slide for DP3

Btw...in case you wonder about the cable going down from my DP2M in that last image, it's no remote cable but part of my external battery solution... It's the “battery dummy“ of the Sigma SAC-5 AC adapter connected to a 10.000 mAh battery pack (Anker Astro 3E) via a “H-barrel“ to USB cable...
  6. P

Nodal slide for DP3

Well...the problem with a ballhead is leveling. It's no issue as long as a (well built) tripod is standing on perfectly straight underground. As soon as it doesn't, you will run into trouble: You normally would use the ballhead to level the camera above it. And then leave it and use the...
  7. P

Nodal slide for DP3

I ordered the 100mm slide for my DP2M...
  8. P

Nodal slide for DP3

I guess it depends on the rotor you are using. It probably would be good if the slide would be long enough to be mounted on the rotor properly. If the rotor got a diameter of, let's say 80mm, a 100mm slide might be too short...
  9. P

Nodal slide for DP3

Actually a shorter slide will do also...The DP3M only got a depth oft 80.6mm, including the lens...the DP2M got less than 60...
  10. P

Nodal slide for DP3

Are you talking about this? SUNWAYFOTO MP 140mm Rail Nodal Slide Arca Compatible Clamp DMP-140 Sunway:Amazon:Camera & Photo I guess there shouldn't be any problems...the slide still should protrude beyound the DP3's lens. So (way) more than long enough to move the camera backwards till you...
  11. P

OnOne Perfect Effects 8 can process Merrill X3Fs!?!

You may have seen that OnOne is giving away Perfect Effects 8 for free at the Moment (Perfect Effects 8 Offer – onOne Software or have a look at dpreview). I downloaded and installed it. What really puzzled me, was that I suddenly saw file previews when I browsed through a folder containing...
  12. P

X-T1 -- worth its money, because

The reason for the X-Pro1 not having a built in diopter is the slide-in magnification lens of the Viewfinder...
  13. P

Your own personal XF lens roadmap ...

After all the good things I hear about the new 10-24/4.0, I might consider it instead of the 14/2.8...it might as well be the best zoom lens in that focal length range available...
  14. P

Your own personal XF lens roadmap ...

Well, definitely the 56... Although I have owned the X-E1 for over a year now, I didn't get another lens besides the 18-55 that I bought bundled with the camera. I'm more into primes than zooms and actually just bought the 18-55 since it was that much cheaper coming with the camera. However...
  15. P

XE1 or not?

I own both the X-E1 and the X100 and I just can say, I love both of em. Especially for their exceptional low light capabilities, which definitely are among the best the "APS-C league" has to offer. The lenses are superb as well. I as well love both cameras' color rendition (and the film...