The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by photomeme

1. P

Steve Huff sells his M after severe color problems, commits to MM

Good luck with that. Pathetic. The fanboys always go for the ad hominem. Never studied color science, J H C.
  2. P

That's your reply? I'm a computer scientist and DSP algorithm designer. Are you frick'n kidding me? Another rank New England Leica fanboy.
  3. P

um, OK, but ... sounds like bang up color! ok, not severe, just "very unpredictable" and "crazy". move along, there's nothing to see here. Shashin, what's your obsession with minimizing all the bad news and judgments coming out about this camera? steve's not a technical enough guy to...
  4. P

Oh no, you misunderstand Huff. He's absolutely not a preferred B&W shooter. Repeatedly, he has said that a B&W only camera makes no sense for his style of shooting, at this price level. I've critiqued his B&W samples in the past, the caliber of which, IIRC, some attributed to inexperience with...
  5. P

After the forums lavished so much attention and praise on Steve Huff's M review, I'm surprised this isn't getting more play: Steve Huff sells his M after severe color problems, commits to MM for the next year.
  6. P

How many of the M9 shooters are skipping M240

Metamerism has nothing to do with AWB, or manual white balance for that matter, and could not be addressed in post processing, a firmware upgrade, or a color profile. It will be interesting to read Puts' take, which is imminent on Tao of Leica blog.
  7. P

How many of the M9 shooters are skipping M240

Dealer offered me one about 3 weeks ago, almost immediately. Skipped it. I'll wait another 18 to 24 months for the next Leica, likely to offer 36 mp (M360) and a much better color from the sensor + array. Meanwhile enjoying superior image quality with an mm and m9p as color + backup...
  8. P

So, How is the M?

I don't know your personal experience, metamerism is an emerging (at least minority) consensus on the technically oriented forums examining severe color problems with the m240, particularly as regards skin tones. Others hold out hope for a firmware fix or magic color profile. I expect Puts...
  9. P

So, How is the M?

metamerism, widely suspected. Insufficient separation of colors by the pairing of the CMOSIS sensor's color sensitivity and the Bayer array. This could be among the wages of working with an unproven sensor maker. And the sacrifice of the near century of Kodak's color expertise, particularly...
  10. P

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

I can't make heads or tails of this comment Vivek, frankly. You can read Leica's chart of the MM's spectral sensitivity here: http://www.digoliardi.net/monochrom_color.pdf The MM deep sensitivity into the reds -- moreso than Kodak T-Max -- lower at an earlier point in the spectrum but with a...
  11. P

/REDACTED/ Heels larger image Pearls larger image Hi! larger image Lean larger image Smokers larger image Cross larger image Flowers larger image Cable Car 1 larger image Cable Car 2 larger image /REDACTED/
  12. P

monochrome m Elegant Casual larger image CA Girl larger image Curls larger image Huff & Puff larger image Glance larger image
  13. P

San Francisco, Union Square to Caltrain Station 50mm Summilux. Some stacked Green 58 + Yellow 15, some Yellow 15. Tourists larger image Hands larger image Tats http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8397/8674877963_3ca2b7af16_k.jpg Girls Club larger image Arms Length larger image Diversity...
  14. P

It would be interesting to see some stage shots exposed (or processed) to emphasize skin mid-tones, even at the sacrifice of detail (or accentuation of noise) in the shadows.
  15. P

There are plenty of MM's posted in the M images thread. Refreshing to have an MM focused one too.