The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Quino Terceño

1. Quino Terceño

Leica R Lenses on a Sony A77?

I Agree, the actual glass does most of what I need and hence my only adapted lens is a Contax 35 PC, using the Leitax mount. I would like a contemporary 35 mm though.
  2. Quino Terceño

Leica R Lenses on a Sony A77?

Write David Lledó at Leitax (Leica & Pentax & Nikon | Leitax). Very high quality mount replacement (not adapters).
  3. Quino Terceño

Panoramas - 1200 pixels wide

Really, really nice.
  4. Quino Terceño

Looking for follow focus accessory - help needed

A jar opener indeed http://www.trudeaucorp.com/us/products/kitchen-tools-gadgets/types/kitchen-gadgets/p--0999025.html
  5. Quino Terceño

Minolta 20/2.8 on the A900

I use a Sony version (which should be about the same as the Minolta one) for indoors shots on an a900 perched on top of a tripod. I find it low contrast and of merely adequate sharpness. It works, but it is nothing remarkable.
  6. Quino Terceño

850 Flash Sync problem

I am getting 1/250 with skyports on my RX600s and 1/200 on the 58s triggered with PWII.
  7. Quino Terceño

A900 comparisons

I thought I did not want an EVF and did not really cared about the a900 successor ...until I saw the focus peaking videos. Now I just can hope that it reaches the a900 lineage in an hybrid form of O/EVF.
  8. Quino Terceño

Sony ZA 24-70/2.8 opinions solicited re: landscape

I think that ƒ11 is as far as you want to go before diffraction sets in. I rarely use mine since I rather shoot primes (35mm and 85mm FL). But as you can read everywhere it is fantastic at 35mm.
  9. Quino Terceño

One lens to rule them all.....

+ 1
  10. Quino Terceño

Softbox for speedlite and profoto strobe???

Maybe you want to check Photek's softlighters out. I use mine (the large one) with hot shoe flashes and Elinchrom monoblocks.
  11. Quino Terceño

Recommendations sought from Sony [i]cognoscenti[/i]

Agreed Douglas. I think that in your reply the keyword is occasionally and that is why I think that this function should be an option. I find myself needing SSS off on a tripod more often than not. As we know we are shooting with computers and I would find nice if the did the silly things that...
  12. Quino Terceño

Recommendations sought from Sony [i]cognoscenti[/i]

Sony, read this: Make it so we can choose a shutter speed range were the IS will kick in without further user intervention, sort of what happens with the auto ISO. The icing on the cake will be an option where the camera detects that a tripod is attached and turns IS off. Please to achieve this...
  13. Quino Terceño

The Dream

+1
  14. Quino Terceño

Adding grid lines to M screen

Not as good for MF as the M is. Mine hasn't come off the camera since I installed regardles of how I focus, it is really much better for manual and doesn't bother me in auto. I wish sony made a gridded M too.
  15. Quino Terceño

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Indeed. I wish the zoom ring was a stepped one instead.