The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by rdeloe

1. rdeloe

Behind the picture: share your thinking

We have a long-running “behind the scenes” thread, which is a good way to share short posts about equipment. I thought it might be fun and interesting to start a “behind the picture” thread for sharing the thinking that went into one of your images. Posts should get into what you were trying to...
  2. rdeloe

Ageing photographers and the weight. Simplicate and add lightness.

The height on the FLM CP30-L4 II Tripod is incredible. It puts my F-Universalis above my head. I rarely need to do that, but I very often need one really long leg and two shorter legs, and for that it's brilliant. An Arca-Swiss C1 Cube rides on top of this guy. I use the Arca-Swiss QuickLink...
  3. rdeloe

Oh no! I just realized I misled you. I have two FLM tripods. The FLM CP30-L4 II Tripod is my "heavy duty" set of legs for use with the F-Universalis. It's not a lightweight travel tripod. The lightweight tripod is use with the Acra-Tech GP-SS head is the FLM CP26 Travel II tripod. So sorry! :(
  4. rdeloe

Alas, nobody is going to build the ultra-light outfit that I want. But I can dream. I was briefly excited by the Arca-Swiss Pico, but the weight isn't that far off my F-Universalis. What I really want is my MAB Camera, but built to the highest specifications. My MAB Camera weighs 850 grams and...
  5. rdeloe

For light duty I have a FLM CP30-L4 II with an Acra-Tech GP-SS ball head. It's light but sturdy and easily holds my GFX 100S plus lenses in the ~500 gram range. It folds down to a nice compact size.
  6. rdeloe

I have very few images in my catalogue that are made hand held with medium format. My GFX 100S has IBIS, but it's not a magic bullet for me. I really don't enjoy coming back from a shoot with a card full of mis-composed, slightly blurry 100 MP images. One lens and a really good lightweight...
  7. rdeloe

Seeing that you already have a GFX body, an obvious solution is a GF 35-70 lens. It makes a very light and small (relatively) combination, and image quality is excellent. That's what I should do and could do because I have the GF 35-70. And yet, I never do. I'd rather have the limitations...
  8. rdeloe

New camera from Arca Swiss: the Pico

Wouldn't that be something!
  9. rdeloe

For sure there will be some good options. I just didn't want anyone to get excited about the S-K 35mm with that combination.
  10. rdeloe

A Leica M is not the best choice for adapting lenses with short flange distances and big rear ends. The M mount flange distance is 27.8mm. The diameter of the opening of the M mount accounting for bayonet flanges is ~41.1mm. That makes the S-K 35 XL a non-starter because the rear cell needs to...
  11. rdeloe

Does your width value include the bellows? It looks like it does, which would make it nicely compact. For comparison, an F-Universalis with standard rail is W: 113mm (frame only -- bellows sticks out to the side, but collapse to a bit more than the width of the frame). L: 205mm (150mm rail...
  12. rdeloe

Linos Inspec lens (105mm macro) - fungus or dust?

It's worth a try. If you look at the link I posted, you'll see that the baffle is a fairly small hole. Nonetheless, it did not restrict movements at all. Now that was in the case of a lens designed to enlarge 5x7 negatives, so huge image circle. Your P1 lens will have a tighter circle. A...
  13. rdeloe

Linos Inspec lens (105mm macro) - fungus or dust?

Right in one. It was telescope flocking paper attached to a circular disc of stiff plastic that I cut from an old report cover. I made trial ones using black construction paper and they worked as well.
  14. rdeloe

Hasselblad's aversion to red dots

Nice solutions!