The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by rich_

1. R

How Good is the V lux Image quality for a backup camera

I don't own one personally, but presumably the quality is just below a M4/3 camera- I owned an EM1 and i appreciated the lens sharpness, but for me the image quality difference and DOF control (Without a large fast lens) wasn't a step up enough to take it over a high end cellphone.
  2. R

Leica Service

I think the service relates to the Leica dealership you contact. I've had good service from the London boutiques. It's difficult to compare Grey import HK purchases with RRP Leica deals. If you want to buy in a Leica shop with the full service fanfare then you go there. If not, then save a buck...
  3. R

Leica Service

My Camera and lens arrived back on the 18th. So around 6 weeks to have my Summilux repaired and rangefinder re-calibrated. Happy with the service and my Lens has never felt as sturdy (although focusing a bit stiff right now and i'm sure it's heavier! perhaps the bits causing it to wobble...
  4. R

Leica Service

I dropped off my M240 at the start of July for the rangefinder to be calibrated (infinity was off, 2 years of bumping it around had taken its toll?) and for my 35mm lux asph to have its wobbly barrel fixed. Its 20 odd years old and had been getting progressively worse... The City London branch...
  5. R

New Q Question

I remember when i bought my OMD EM-1 and i felt that weird rattle shakiness. 'This is meant to be hardy, wtf!' then yeh i figured out or read it was the IBIS. :-)
  6. R

Leica Q vs Rx1r II

I'm looking forward to trying out the new Sony to see how the performance has improved. I owned the previous version and the images it produced were more pleasing to my eye than from my 35 Lux Asph and M9/240 although it did show noticably more distortion causing me the pain of ticking a profile...
  7. R

Leica dealer profit margin?

The non-offical Leica dealers in HK were making about 20-30% on their grey imports from my understanding. But that's a different kettle of fish. I feel the pain re: computer hardware. I managed the New & Existing Business in my previous role, providing tech services & hw to the Alternative...
  8. R

Shooting the CV15mm f4.5 III with M240

Looks great, Now i need to somehow swap my v2!
  9. R

Wide Angle shooting M9 V M240 - experiences appreciated

My Voigtlander 15mm v2 shows more magenta corners on my M240 compared to my old M9. But the liveview really helps with framing. I don't use my external VFs anymore.
  10. R

Poll: choose 2 Leica M lenses for travel

I bring my VC 15MM and Lux 35MM with me when I travel. They probably are used somewhere in the ratio of 10/90%. I just prefer to have the UW option just in case!
  11. R

An open letter to Leica (2015)...please share your own thoughts

The DF Sensor is a Nikon made D4 Sensor (i think) rather than Sony. I enjoy how that records an image. I don't believe that Leica will ever hold their own long term against the Japanese/Korean companies if they churn out tech filled EVF/AF bodies/lenses. They don't have the R&D, budgets or...
  12. R

M240 Firmware Update

O cool. Exciting times!
  13. R

M240 Firmware Update

I fear it may be something as boring as adding the profile for the 28 lux :/ I guess we'll find out in the next day or two! unless you dare load up the German fw link!
  14. R

Leica Q: First impressions.

Lovely to see people so enthusiastic about their new goodies!
  15. R

First Leica Q photos up on Leicas Blog!

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but reidreviews also has a good comparison of the Q with the RX-1, lots of photos to compare and appreciate the strengths of each. 28mm, isn't my thing, but i had a lot of fun with an RX-1 and i'm sure this will make users of AF 35mm fixed lens cameras...