The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by rjp85

1. R

Arca Swiss D4M Knob Placement

So it looks like all the videos on Youtube that are 5-10 or more years old show the D4m with the knob on the right. Videos that are 2 years old or less show the head with the knob on the left. Perhaps a change was made for the more recent heads in the past 2 or 3 years? I might have figured...
  2. R

Oh, that's just the "MonoballFix" clamp. No need to worry about that. I already know the difference between the three clamps. I did read that it is possible to rotate the location of the pan lock knob on the top. I don't know the details, but I think it is actually possible.
  3. R

Thanks for your replies, however: The degree marks will be on the opposite side of wherever the knob is. The knob side won't have degree marks. Think about it: There is only *one* knob for the side to side movement, therefore, both pictures are showing the *front* of the head. One has the...
  4. R

I'm well aware of the top panning and the base panning. The top and base panning have nothing to do with it, because the images show the front of the head with different knob placement. There are clear pictures showing the front of the head, with some images showing the tilt knob on the left...
  5. R

Hi guys, I prefer to use pan and tilt heads with independent movements, and I enjoy my Manfrotto 229 (converted to Arca Swiss) but it's an absolute beast, weighing 4.5 pounds, easily. I was looking at the Arca D4m (non-geared), and was confused at how some of the images have the tilt locking...
  6. R

Arca Swiss QuickLink - How does it work?

I've been trying to decide between the Kirk Tripod Head Quick Disconnect system, and the Arca Swiss QuickLink system for switching between multiple platforms and multiple heads. I've watched every video and seen every image I could of the QuickLink system. The Arca QuickLink looks faster and...
  7. R

Pointing the GFX 100 straight downward with the 120mm macro

The mount should be more than strong enough for a 2.2 pound lens, considering the Sigma 40mm 1.4 ART for Canon/Nikon is even heavier, and doesn't even come with a lens collar. I think more than 3 pounds is where you would need additional support.
  8. R

capture one 20 arrow keys don't work anymore

You just solved my biggest complaint of C1 20. Thanks!
  9. R

The great tripod & head thread!

This is a bit off-topic in terms of tripod legs, but I wanted to share this info: Hejnarphoto now has a new clamp that has a non-threaded center hole for a 3/8-16 screw. I asked him to make one at the beginning of this year, and a few days ago, he alerted me that the new clamp is now available...
  10. R

Zeiss Loxia Distagon 2.4/25mm

I definitely can't resists this new 25mm Loxia. I already have the 21mm and the 85mm. I didn't think the 85mm would impress me, as I already had the Voigtlander 65mm f/2 APO. But of course, the sharpness and overall performance of the 85mm Loxia blew me away. Same with the 21mm, but I don't...
  11. R

The great tripod & head thread!

I'm considering the P0 Hybrid, and now I'm hesitant because of your issue with the loose knobs. It seems like you can't win with a geared head, because they always end up going out of spec, with loose gears, play in the gears, etc, especially the Manfrottos. I've been looking at the Cube and...
  12. R

How to process GFX files with C1.

I converted the GFX files to DNG in ACR, and they open right up in C1 9.3. No need to modify anything else. Select the "Phase One IQ280 Portrait" profile for color that is identical to the ACR "Provia/Standard" profile. Also, select the "Film Standard" curve. The other profiles will...
  13. R

Sony Alpha MIS Strobe/Flash Options

I have 4 AlienBees and 4 Priolites. You can have both, but I wouldn't use both at the same time. I have the Bees as backup. I've switched all my speedrings and reflectors to Bowens S mount, and you know what? They will also mount on the AlienBees! The Bees reflector holder clamps down on...
  14. R

There's a chance it's already compatible, because the Hasselblad uses the Nikon flash shoe (I think?), so maybe the Nikon Priolite Remote would work, but don't take my word for it. I'm just speculating. I believe the X1D is compatible with Nikon speedlights. I'm tempted to use the Kickstarter...
  15. R

Is it possible to say whether these new products are compatible with the current hotsync products, so you could mix and match the current 1000, 500, 300 units with the new products and everything works with the existing remotes? Feel free to ignore this question if it gives away too much info.