The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by sbarger

1. sbarger

Quick question about filters and 240mm BR

I used the filter ring from an old 86mm filter. After carefully removing the glass the ring becomes a spacer whose thickness extends slightly above the lens shade in its fully retracted position. I am able to use this setup with the Lee filter holder adapter ring or a Circular Polarizer. Steve
  2. sbarger

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

This image was taken a few weeks ago at dawn in the Smoky Mountains. XF, IQ3 100, SK 240mm, ISO 50, 0.8 sec, f11. Steve
  3. Reaching Out

Reaching Out

Tender moment between Polar Bear Mother and her three month old cub, Wapusk National Park, Manitoba, Canada.
  4. sbarger

Fun with Nikon Images

This Snowy Owl image is a composite of four images taken as the owl lifted off from the fence post on the right. Each image was then selected and copied into a separate layer in Photoshop and blended for the result you see here. A Nikon D5 camera and Nikon 200 to 500mm f5.6 lens was used to...
  5. sbarger

Fun with Nikon Images

Thanks for the welcome and appreciate your comment.
  6. sbarger

Fun with Nikon Images

First time posting. This is a Milky Way panoramic with Broken Arch in the foreground captured with a D810 and 14-24 f2.8 lens at 14 mm. Artificial light was used to illuminate the arch. My exposure was 30 seconds at f 2.8 and ISO 3200. Close inspection will reveal slight trailing in the stars...
  7. sbarger

sbarger