The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by slau

1. slau

Advice on OM-D travel lens combo for upcoming trip to Europe

As much as I dislike the 14-140 lens, it has been my most used lens while I was traveling. Nothing can touch the range of the lens and its IQ is acceptable if there is enough light for you to stop down to f8 or so. The 14-140 is practically for all outside shooting. The low light indoor shots...
  2. slau

GH3 replacement battery Panasonic - DMW-BLF19?

The GH3 battery is definitely a LOT better than the GH2 batteries. I can go with one GH3 battery for almost a day shooting. The new GH3 charger is quite big though, not sure why.
  3. slau

How can I tell if my GH1 is hacked?

Showing a body firmware of 0.0 is an indicator of a hacked GH1 for sure. From checking the data rate during the .MTS video file playback, you can also tell if the camera is hacked or not: higher than ~17 Mbps can only from a hacked GH1. As an Apple user, I read the data rate with ToastVideo...
  4. slau

Schneider Kreuznach joins mft

+100%. It is only going to cost you $1K for one 25/0.95 :>). What will be their second M43 lens after their success in 25/0.95? Something like a 17/1.4 will be very sweet.
  5. slau

GH2 impressions

I am not sure if this requirement of the +1 EV adjustment is unique to the GH2. Aperture mode is my preferred exposure mode for since I remember using cameras with 'auto' setting. My Canon 1DsMk3 seems to routinely require the same +1 EV to get the 'proper' exposure I like. My 1DMk3 requires...
  6. slau

GH2 impressions

After using the GH2 for over one week and on couple shootings, I think that I made the right decision to buy the GH2. I have been quite happy using my G1 and hacked GH1. Most of the time I used my Panasonic M4/3 in conjunction with my Canon 1 series gears. A lot of time shot both system...
  7. slau

Fun with Panasonic 100-300

I was nicely surprised of the images from my borrowed 100-300 lens. Even with the GH1, it retains so much details and it is more than I expected. With the GH2's new sensor, the new lens definitely shines even better. Yes, it is a keeper for sure. Shooting at the 300mm focal length takes some...
  8. slau

I have been shooting my G1/GH1 side-by-side with my Canon 1DMk3/1DsMk3 on photo trips for almost a year now. My results (prints up to 17X22) have proved that the Panasonic M4/3 can be very good when compared to a system costing almost 10X. That was mainly for outdoor shooting, landscape type of...
  9. slau

It is 'interesting' that the EXIF viewer shows this shot was from a Canon 5D.
  10. slau

Canon EOS lens adapter with aperture included.

I wish people will stop making big statement without any reasonable knowledge or experience about a product. May be this video will help us to see some of the good and bad of the new Kipon adapter. The shooter used 7 different lenses on the adapter, from Zeiss, Olympus and Canon lenses, and they...
  11. slau

Fun with the GH2

During the short time I shot with the GH2 (actually side-by-side with my GH1), I felt that the GH2's AF is definitely more precise and faster, and consequently I ended up with more keepers of stills with the GH2. The sensor of the GH2 is capable to capture more details probably due to its denser...
  12. slau

I found the 100-300 is very similar to performance of the 45-200, and I am quite impressed with the new lens. I have been waiting for this lens as I would like to have option not to carry my Canon super tele lenses if I want to travel light. Even with the GH2 body, the combination is not fast...
  13. slau

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

I have put together a slideshow of my recent Cuba trip. It is a short version so that the whole slideshow is short enough for uploading/downloading. I was in Cuba for one week vacation with my GH1 + 14-140 + Contax G 45/2. It was the firs time I traveled with such a small package and still came...
  14. slau

Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?

Thank you, Jonas. The Metabones adapter seems to be very well made and finally the one I don't mind trying again, in addition to my other adapters.
  15. slau

Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?

Dave, thank you for posting your experience with the Mk3 Kipon, which sounds like someone finally got it done right. Is it possible for you to post an image showing the adapter on the camera body? It is very confusing to go to their site trying to determine which one is the Mk3.