The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by vdeakin

1. V

Topcon R and Huge Print

A beautiful image, indeed. Which 58 was it? 1.4 or 1.8?
  2. V

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

Thanks for the suggestions, gentlemen. Bracketing of some sort was my initial suspicion too. I'm using fine jpegs IQ setting which produces jpegs only in 10mg to 12mg sizes. On a couple of occasions the pair differed by 0.1mg which suggests that they are not exact copies, and now I see that...
  3. V

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

I've a question (an embarrassing question I might add) for all the experienced elders, gurus and users of X-Pro2 - Every time I press the shutter on my newly acquired X-Pro2, I get two snapshots on my SD card. First I thought that, since I only used one card in the first slot, the camera was...
  4. V

FS:Two 50/1.5 Sonnars: Jupiter-3 (1953), Zeiss Jena (1937); Contax RF-E Adapter

How about 10% off for the brave soul who buys all three items? Any other offers/ideas? If there is no enthusiasm, the Sonnars go on Ebay.
  5. V

FS:Two 50/1.5 Sonnars: Jupiter-3 (1953), Zeiss Jena (1937); Contax RF-E Adapter

For sale are two Sonnars: 1) A pre-war (1937, I think) Carl Zeiss Jena with, I've been told, some early natural mineral coating, but I'm not sure I can see it, and 2) 1953 Jupiter-3 with, reputedly, original Zeiss parts (according to the lore) and coating (the red Cyrillic 'p'). Both render...
  6. V

FS: Sony A380 14.2mg CCD camera - poor man's DMR

For sale is one of the last Sony's CCD cameras with its last and best 14.2 megapixels sensor. The A380's sensor is tuned for the best colors and the highest (of all its CCD sensors) sensitivity metamerism index of 86 (according to DXO measurements), thus the reference to DMR colors. If you are...
  7. V

FS: Contarex Sonnar 85mm f/2.0 plus E-mount adapter

O.K. $975.00 gets you the lens shipped to CONUS destination.
  8. V

It's $1000.00, shipping and PP fees included.
  9. V

All right, ships for free in the CONUS.