The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by vicfei

1. V

"Look" lenses for Nikon

Greetings - My go to Nikon lens for a special look, especially for people/portraits, is the 58mm 1.4. Beautiful transition between "dreamy looking" in-focus to wonderful bokeh in the backround. The transition itself is what really makes this lens special and certainly unique in the modern Nikon...
  2. V

Yosemite & CO8P: is it safe yet ?

Thanks Doug - based on their past performance of supporting Leica D-Lux cameras, I assumed that they would support the Type 109 - just didn't know when. The LR support of the Leica that just came out is not one of their best, which tipped the scales for me to consider a move to C1. Vic
  3. V

Yosemite & CO8P: is it safe yet ?

Doug - Any idea when COP8 will support the new Leica D-Lux Type 109? My Nikon FF DSLRs are supported, but I am waiting to switch over to Capture One when I can get support for my little Leica! Thanks, Vic
  4. V

Nikon Rebates

Gary, check out the Nikon 18-35. A great lens and less money than the Tokina, and not the quality control issues of the Tokina.
  5. V

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1 Beautiful shot of a locale that I love - what are your initial comments and observations on the X-E1, and did you get the zoom? Thanks! Vic
  6. V

A55/A33 vs micro 4/3

I am in the same place that you are in vis a vis the A55 v. the GH2. I also agree about your observations regarding Sony lens offerings - they need to develop higher quality lenses for their SLT line that have similar premium quality as their FF lenses, but lighter weight to fit more like a...
  7. V

V-Lux 20 . . . some pictures

Jono - Nice work with the V-Lux 20 - on the color shots, what were your settings for saturation, contrast, etc? Certainly, the tweaking that Leica performed on the Panasonic version looks very Leica-like, at least in terms of the tones of the colors. Thanks, Vic
  8. V

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Beautiful image - quite striking! Did you apply the vignetting or was that a function of the 35 with a M adaptor? ( I like the look in this shot) Thanks, Vic