The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by volkerhopf

1. V

X-E1 with Leica lens

If you want to try a leica lens why not go for the 40mm Summicron. It is small, close in performance to the 35mm and best value for money! I take it with me as my low light lens all the time.
  2. V

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1 I just did the same. I am afraid we are bejond help.
  3. V

price drops on the DP1Ms

Hi Tim, where did you buy yours?
  4. V

price drops on the DP1Ms

At Sigma Australia all 3 DPxMs have now a max $300 cashback offer (depending on the Sigma camera you own) but only if you have a locally bought Sigma camera. Most people don't even know that there is a Sigma Australia and I have never seen it advertised. Mind you they are actually cheaper than...
  5. V

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Thank y ou Quentin for sharing these great pictures. I will be getting my DP2 next week. The main reason for my purchase was that I wanted a camera small enough to take with me all the time and an image quality that will let me print large prints ( 24x39" and larger ). Since I am not the most...
  6. V

THE NEW LEICA M Press Release

Thank you Jono for this wonderful book. Cheers, Volker
  7. V

NEX-7 problem with CZ85

I really got curious about this issue and did some comparison shots between 5N and 7 with the 30 macro. I am not a lens or camera tester but this type of test helps me to decide on a lens or camera. I did 4 frames each, the first 4 are NEX7 the second 4 are NEX5N. The snaps were taken at f3.5...
  8. V

NEX-7 problem with CZ85

douglasf13 said: That being said, I'd imagine that the NEX-7 corner issues may not be a big deal to some...and may not even be noticeable without directly comparing them with images from the 5N, which seems to do a better job with evenness across the whole field. If this is the case why worry...
  9. V

Now this could get interesting - rumors

The additional rumor about the zoom being a pancake and maybe released as a lens for the Nex would be vey interesting, especially if it is a good zoom!
  10. V

NEX5 + Nokton 35/1.2 v2

11. V

Lightroom profile for 18-200mm E mount

Thanks for your suggestions! No I have not tried it with the zoom only with Leica and Voigtlaender wide angles. Although I would love to try making my own profile I just don't have the time in the next few month.
  12. V

Lightroom profile for 18-200mm E mount

I was not able to find a profile for the 18-200mm (Nex version). Since there is quite often mild purple fringing in the shots and occasionally distortion a profile would be handy. Today I had quite a few shots to "heal" so I tried the profile for the normal alpha lens 18-200mm and the result was...
  13. V

A Tale of 3 Sonys

I agree very much #55 is indeed a wonderful dog photo! Regards Volker
  14. V

Contax G to NEX adapter

Regards Volker
  15. V

just curious - nex pricing forecasts

I was at a seminar of one of the best known photographers in Singapore once and he showed only colour photos. When I asked him why he does only colour he answered: black and white is too difficult!