The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by WWLEE

1. W

What's a used MFDB really worth?

Lots of discussion here on prices as well as challenges from the standpoint of a buyer regarding potential scams buying on ebay. I'd love to get some recommendations on where a seller should go to sell a good quality MFDB. I love my IQ180 and related gear (body, lenses, etc.) but don't use it...
  2. W

Galapagos Islands

Hi, I'm going to the Galapagos Islands in July 2014. It is NOT a dedicated photo tour, rather a family oriented trip on a National Geographic boat. I'm wondering if it is worth bringing my Phase One IQ 180 and 645DF body or if this is a poor choice and I should instead stick with my Canon DSLR...
  3. W

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Another winter shot in the Adirondacks (upstate NY) from a few weeks ago, this one also at around 5-10 degrees Fahrenheit, same gear as previous photo. No gear failures here though. I'd been outside here for almost 2 hours, so the equipment was definitely very cold, but the self timer worked...
  4. Blue Mountain Fire Tower

Blue Mountain Fire Tower

5. Winter Sunset Over 13th Lake In Ny's Adirondacks

Winter Sunset Over 13th Lake In Ny's Adirondacks

6. W

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Here's a shot from few nights ago. It comes with a story. It was about 5 degrees Fahrenheit. Climbed a small peak that I knew had a good view in upstate New York in the Adirondacks. Got myself set up. Took some test shots on my IQ180 on a 645DF body using self timer and mirror lock up...
  7. W

Tilt-shift lenses

Thanks, Ken, for your detailed reply. Much appreciated. Thanks to you, too, Christian. Is the IQ180 a good match for a technical camera? I thought I'd read over the past year or two that people preferred the IQ160 for technical cameras due to lens cast correction or other issues, no? Thanks...
  8. W

Tilt-shift lenses

Does anyone here have experience using the Hartblei/Phase 45mm t/s lens on an IQ180 and 645DF body? Looking for commentary on lens and image quality. The focal length is right for me (landscape photography) and the lens looks fairly compact in size and weight. So usability and and image...
  9. W

Tilt-shift lenses

When I hear "come on in, the water's fine", I know to turn tail and run for my life! Thanks for your guidance. I suspected I would hear something along the lines of what you said. I collected feedback from the good folks on this board early in the year about technical cameras, but am putting...
  10. W

Tilt-shift lenses

Happy (almost) New Year to everyone! I just saw a caption in a photo book where the author used a tilt-shift lens on an older MFDB back, which I didn't know was an option. Hence my question here... I've got a 645DF body with an IQ180 back. I've not yet taken the plunge into technical...
  11. W

Show us your Tech Cam

Thanks, guys, lots to chew on. I'll do some more reading, maybe see about renting, and perhaps spend some time with Doug for an in-person walk through here in NYC (my home base). One last thought.... Are you aware of any workshops dedicated to learning and using tech cams? Might be helpful to...
  12. W

Show us your Tech Cam

Having now read through the six pages here on this topic, and having drooled all the way through, I pose the following question to this esteemed and experienced crew (does flattery help?!): What would you recommend as a great tech camera outfit? What body, what two or three lenses, what...
  13. W

FS: Canon 5D MK ii, Battery Grip, EF 24-70 lens

Both camera and lens are SOLD. Thank you.
  14. W

FS: Canon EF 200mm f/2.0L IS lens and EF 180mm macro lens

bump My Canon EF 200mm f/2.0L lens is still available. If you've ever wanted one of Canon's best and most versatile lenses - great for both portraits and sports - this is your chance to get it a lot cheaper than retail.
  15. W

FS: Canon EF 200mm f/2.0L IS lens and EF 180mm macro lens

The 180mm lens is SOLD. The 200mm is still available.