The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by yaya

1. yaya

RZ67 Adapter Plate Question

Yes that's a Leaf adapter. If the back is an Aptus 75 (48x36mm sensor) and the adapter was supplied at the same time as the back, then chances are that the "hole" in the adapter will be too small for larger sensors. We modified the design when the Aptus-II 10 came out in 2008 and made the hole...
  2. yaya

who can repair a Hasselblad 110/2 FE lens?

You can also try reaching out to Douglass at Classic V in the UK: http://www.classicv.co.uk/
  3. yaya

Medium format slides to digital

Another application which is on a growing path is 4k, 8k and soon enough 12k displays and projectors, so capturing at 14k, as you say, will ensure that the analogue grain structure and look, as well as the overall look are preserved. Se DFT as an example, albeit that it is used on 65mm IMAX...
  4. yaya

Thanks Dominique, Since I was just experimenting with some workflows the lens was not the main thing although the 120mm performs really well and is rather flexible. Worth noting that most subject matters of these small formats (especially cine film) are typically poorly focused etc. So the...
  5. yaya

To share some of the stuff we at Phase One have already put in place: As we are a fairly international company, with office locations in several countries as well and staff in the field, and with many now “stuck” at home, we now have all teams, including R&D, set up so that we can work remotely...
  6. yaya

Photo Walk with Alpa in London

Bridges and river banks are usually OK to walk around and take photos of/ from, also with a tripod, without being hassled by police or other people. One option is to draw a zigzag shaped route criss-crossing the river and you are almost guaranteed to find good spots for cityscapes with plenty of...
  7. yaya

Does anyone have Leaf Capture 11.2.9 for Windows?

You need a PRO licence and it needs to be older than 12.1, plus what Doug said about Firewire etc. e.g. the FW port/ cable needs to produce stable power, possibly through a powered repeater. BR Yair
  8. yaya

Flat Art Reproduction Black and White Points?

Craig remember that "the look of the original" is largely dependant on the lighting conditions in which it is being viewed, and the lighting used during digitisation. If you and/ or the artist are viewing it under e.g. room lights or modelling lights, and you then use flash or consumer-grade LED...
  9. yaya

To My Friends at the MF Forum

Been following this thread since you started it Dave. All I can say is WOW what an inspiration you are!!! I've had my share of life changing events and bad luck over the last 4 years (see link to my blog in my signature) but am still here and able to tell the stories. These things teach us to...
  10. yaya

XF Transparency Kit for Slide Scanning

It looks like you are in India? If you would like to have someone arrange a demo of that specific kit please get in touch and we can put you in contact with the right person. BR Yair
  11. yaya

Any one travel with a tech cam setup with family?

I travelled quite a bit with an Arca Rm2D, 1 back, 1 lens (43XL or HR40), small-light 4-section CF tripod with a P0 head. You still need a charger, a few batteries, spare sync cables and maybe some filters/ filter holders. Which adds medium-ish shoulder bag or back pack to the family luggage...
  12. yaya

Leaf Aptus 5 II advice

Hi Dan, My guess would be dead/ unstable batteries and (possibly) a CF card that is not compatible with the older UDMA protocol...suggest you look at these two areas... BR Yair
  13. yaya

8 x 10 large-format digital, cheap at $100k

911 is an odd pick for a name IMO...I mean it has no resemblance to a Porsche 911...and the other 911, if that was the idea, is just wrong... Otherwise I would love to see this becoming a real product if they could make it a bit more practical and straightforward to use...have decent raw file...
  14. yaya

Biking and MF photography

I cycled several times in London (around 20 mile round journeys) with a Crumpler type back pack (can't remember the model) that had a DF+ body+back and 1-2 lenses, plus a 15" MBP. It was a heavy kit. Road bike with drop bars was a bad idea. Too much weight and pressure on lower back but also on...
  15. yaya

Help! Intermittent problem with Mamiya RZ iiD

Which back & adapter are you using?