The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Artifacts in Phase One IQ260 Live View

compman10

I recently purchased a lightly used IQ260 digital back here on the forum and use it with an XF body and SK 55mm and 110mm silver ring lenses. Still images look normal when viewed on the rear LCD and the RAW files look great in Capture One on a computer. However, during live view there are vertical line artifacts and a strong green color cast, even when the camera is on a tripod and the scene is still. Is that normal for the IQ260 live view? I knew the refresh rate would be slow because it's a CCD sensor, but didn't expect the vertical lines or color cast. I searched here in the forum and saw a couple posts mentioning artifacts in live view on CCD backs, but there wasn't much detail on what the artifacts were. I assume this is normal since the images out of the back are normal, but just wanted to double check.

Nick

IMG_3735a.jpg

anwarp

Yes, this is normall. In bright light, I use a variable ND to tame the artefacts.
I never use live view on the xf, only with a cambo actus.

drevil

Staff member
i second that, absolutely normal, there are some downsides for live view in ccd
i guess the readout time of ccd sensors is extremely high, so thats why you have the low FPS and overlay exposure so to call?

Last edited: