The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

diggles

This is something of a dual purpose post. When the Hasselblad X series lenses arrived, there was a unique offering - the XCD 21/4. There was nothing else in the medium format AF world like it. Fast forward to this past year, and the XCD 21 has disappeared (at least from B&H - it is still listed on Hasselblad's website) and the widest offering is the XCD 28P/4. The new lens is much smaller and lighter than the 21, so I've been using it a lot, but how much FoV have I been losing as a result?

This morning's early spring sunrise made for an easy and photogenic test. X2D XCD 28P f/8

And with the XCD 21, also at f/8

Answer: a lot.

Matt (I'm worried about that second big tree from the left in the bottom image. It has been losing limbs and I think it's dead. It will be a heavy blow to that symmetric group of five. )
They are both quite nice!

AlanS

Thanks Greg, funny how we always want what we don't have! I have access to some great countryside in the UK and I like to find places that are not so popular but I do lust for the big scenery that you have in the U.S. Having said that I rarely need to travel more than a hour from where I live :cool:

P. Chong

Meanwhile, last Thursday at the Swiss French border crossing. The Sunday prior, temperatures were 26C, and snow began to fall in the Jura mountains on Monday, and by Thursday, we have winter wonderland in April.

GFX 50S II + GF50.

swiss-french-border.jpg

Last edited:

cunim

Here we are with a couple of old and well worn objects. Terrible product shot (dust, scratches, highlights etc.) but am trying to be realistic so there is a bit of wabi sabi going on. Is this a photo of a watch or of a slide rule? The watch has been with me for decades. The rule used to belong to my father when he flew Constellations between Europe and North America. Long time ago.
IQ4, 138HR, stack of six, tilted and swung, mix of hard and soft lights

aviat-1.jpg