The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

907x 100c - Phocus Mobile 2 - Top Overlay Crops Live View on Ipad

foster_jb

Hi,

I am new to Hasselblad and Phocus, although I have a lot of experience with Phase One and Capture One.

I bought a 907x 100C, and I am wirelessly tethering it to an Ipad Mini. The top portion of the live view frame has an overlay, displaying the date and battery power. But... it crops into the live view frame, which is annoying. I would really prefer to see the full frame of the live view.

I am probably missing something simply, but I cannot find how to turn off this upper overlay. Or to move the live view screen down lower (there is more space available under the live view framing...).

If I press the "X" on the left of the overlay, then it turns off live view and returns me to the gallery. If I try either of the 3-dot options, I don't find an option for removing the overlay.

I have attached some photos which show this behavior on the Ipad Mini screen, as opposed to the full live view screen on the digital back itself.

If anyone has advice, I would love to hear it!

Thank you,
John

Attachments

tcrock

I also found this baffling when i tested the Cfv100c recently. I was impressed by the wireless live view functionality generally but this aspect just doesn’t make sense.
I hope it gets fixed in a firmware update.

Tim

Godfrey

This issue has nothing to do with the CFV100c (or CFVII 50c). It is completely a matter of the Phocus Mobile 2 app's implementation.

You'll notice that if you have the iPad in horizontal orientation, the top of the camera display area is covered by the status/menu display by a small amount ...

But if you rotate the device by 90 degrees to vertical orientation, the live view display area is recalculated and the entire image from the LCD is displayed on the screen ...

So the error lies in the implementation of the app ... In horizontal mode, it would be better to accept a slightly smaller Live View image area that is 100% coverage or provide the option to remove the status (and/or minimize the control interface).

All we can do is issue bug reports/enhancement requests to Hasselblad to promote that they fix this aspect of Phocus Mobile 2 behavior. Meanwhile, we have to work around it by rotating the iPad display device to enable 100% coverage on screen for precise framing.

G

foster_jb

Thank you both for your replies!

Godfrey, I did also notice that it does show the full live view in vertical orientation. But on the Ipad mini, the size of the live view is not any bigger than what is on the digital back, unfortunately. So this defeats the purpose I had in mind.

I will contact Hasselblad directly about this. Hopefully they can solve this in next versions.

Thank you,
John

jduncan

Hi,

I am new to Hasselblad and Phocus, although I have a lot of experience with Phase One and Capture One.

I bought a 907x 100C, and I am wirelessly tethering it to an Ipad Mini. The top portion of the live view frame has an overlay, displaying the date and battery power. But... it crops into the live view frame, which is annoying. I would really prefer to see the full frame of the live view.

I am probably missing something simply, but I cannot find how to turn off this upper overlay. Or to move the live view screen down lower (there is more space available under the live view framing...).

If I press the "X" on the left of the overlay, then it turns off live view and returns me to the gallery. If I try either of the 3-dot options, I don't find an option for removing the overlay.

I have attached some photos which show this behavior on the Ipad Mini screen, as opposed to the full live view screen on the digital back itself.

If anyone has advice, I would love to hear it!

Thank you,
John
Sweet setup! I hope you find a fix or workaround for the issue
Best regards.

Last edited:

Tashat

Hi John,
This looks rather frustrating and something I’ll probably be doing in the near future. Hope you have some luck with an update.
Could I please ask; do you notice a difference in the display of your Cfv 100c to your iPad colour and contrast wise. I am having issues with a strong magenta cast on my camera screen and higher contrast vs my computer or phone mainly when photographing white scenes. The white balance looks correct on my computer when tethering or transferred but very magenta on the camera screen.

I have had trouble photographing it, as my phone keeps auto white balancing to my camera screen but see that your iPad vs your camera looks different also? Trying to work out if it’s just my camera or somewhat “normal”