The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. I

Leica M9 schedule for September 2009 ?

Hello! No (to all three expectations)... The mystery behind haveing no AA-filter is simply, that this is only possible (and sensefull) with a full-frame CCD, where the active pixels (pixelareas) are almost contiguous. Which means there are only very small gaps between the active pixelareas. On...
  2. I

Returned M8 Maze Pattern - faulty sensor?

Hello! This 'maze pattern' is a result of Adaptive Homogeneity-Directed interpolation (AHD) used in Capture One. While it is the best choice for Bayer demosaicing for sensors without an AA-filter, sometimes a pattern like yours may occur. There are many reviews of this behaviour on the web...
  3. I

Recycle M8 batteries

Hello Guy! Yes, I suppose - in your language - your batteries are "worn out". But the reason why is not so easy to describe. Such a battery is in fact an electrochemical system, which is mainly temperature dependent in all its properties, which are 'internal resistance', 'free diffusion of...
  4. I

Recycle M8 batteries

Hello Guy! Of course, from the point of view of an user, you are quite right. I am sorry, that my first post (or reply, reading here from day one) is a kind of bad news. I am a chemist with almost 40 year of experience in (more or less) hobby electronics. Your advise - totally discharge - is...
  5. I

Recycle M8 batteries

Hello Guy! Well, this is one of the best descriptions, to kill Li-Ion batteries indentionally. From the view of the Li-Ion battery, a "full recharge cycle" is a recharge from below 50% capacity. Common batteries will accept 300-500 such recharges and than will die in short time. When...