The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

Will a Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock power an IQ180 back?

Well, I hope it's you, Doug, but that's just because I'm familiar with your name from this forum and would like to put a face to it. You were hiding off-camera for most of the Color webinar :)
  2. J

If it is working for Phase One US, then that's really good news! Any idea when you'll be back in the office to provide an independent confirmation? I also believe you're the guy we'll be seeing when our system comes in here at TXSTATE for install/training.
  3. J

Hello all, According to Belkin's website, the powered dock does have 12v output, but does it have 12v Firewire 800 output? I have an email into Digital Transitions and Belkin, too, but wanted to see if anyone here has any experience with my current situation. In about a month I'll be running...
  4. J

Mitakon speedbooster at half price!

self-portrait__DSC2816 by jeremy d moore, on Flickr iso 100, 1/40th of a second, Nikon 105mm AIS wide open on Mitakon LensTurbo so ~f/1.8 on Sony Nex 7. I only have Nikon manual focus lenses and as Metabones still has yet to release their F mount adapter I took a chance on the Mitakon. $200...
  5. J

Nikon refurb lenses--good or bad idea?

I've spent more than that on a used lens with a 7-day return policy and no warranty, just test the bejeezus out of the lens when you first get it. I have a friend with a refurb Nikon D700 and he has had zero issues with it.
  6. J

Mounting Mamiya RZ67 lenses on Hasselblad V

How did I never know about that one!? Though I'm now in an RB system for the 6x7 ratio, but wow, I wish I had played with a Mutar when I was shooting Hassy V.
  7. J

Mounting Mamiya RZ67 lenses on Hasselblad V

For their H series cameras -- I wish they'd made one for the V series! Hasselblad Starts Shipping the HTS 1.5 Tilt-and-Shift Adapter If you wanted to hack something together, using the RZ SB lenses with their tilt-shift would probably be where I would start. If you're willing to invest some $$...
  8. J

seems like a noobie question - B&W / platinum question

There are inksets which have a similar look to platinum/palladium darkroom prints, but there isn't anything which has the same look. The Cone system will give you linear prints, but they're still inkjet prints, not platinum/palladium metal in the cotton fiber paper.
  9. J

Mamiya Leaf Announces Two New Credo Models

Now I'm waiting on the Leica announcement that says how the new Leica Typ 240 is being used by a well-known dentist.
  10. J

Vagabond Mini compatibility w/ Hensel Integra 500

I use the the Vagabond Mini with my 500w Hensel Integras without any problems.
  11. J

Precision Camera ultra-high resolution scanning (and dev!)

This is great and I sent the link to a few film shooting friends on the RFF who didn't know anything about this. I'm rather tickled by the "ultra-high resolution" scanning as these aren't in the 8000ppi range of the latest Imacon or the 10,000ppi available with the Aztek drum scanners. I wonder...
  12. J

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Nikon F4s w/ 50mm f/1.2.
  13. J

Paul Buff thoughts

I just screw my VML into a Bogen super clamp -- gotta love the tripod mount on that thing!
  14. J

D600 advice?

The dust issue with the D600 would keep me away from them even with the caveat that it seems to get better over time: LensRentals.com - Not Surprisingly, D600 Dust Issue Gets Better Over Time
  15. J

Off topic question for Canon - m4/3 users

Don, I have made a 16"x20" pt/pd print via digital negative from my Nex 7 I am blown away by. I think the incredible Sigma 30mm f/2.8 lens has a lot to do with this, though. Also, hi Don!
  16. J

Fun with NEX-7

Sigma 30mm f/2.8
  17. J

Sony 35mm f/1.8 OSS Alpha E-mount Prime Lens

I'm curious how the Sony 35mm with OSS will compare to the Zeiss 32mm that is coming out next year.
  18. J

Fun with NEX-7

Nex 7, Sigma 30mm.
  19. J

FS: Sony 50/1.8 E-mount Lens.

If it's still available on the 1st of December I'll take it.
  20. J

Capture One 7: the 12 Things You Need to Know

I wasn't transitioning from LR as I have my own catalog/metadata system, but from Photoshop. It seems there is a whole lot more in the way of mousing/clicking in C1, though I haven't set up any custom keyboard shortcuts or learned the ones inherent to the system. Tonight I'll spend some more...