The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. G

Capture One 8.

I appreciate this, Doug. PhaseOne does seem to be aware of the uproar that Adobe's actions caused. One has to wonder why they assured you up front that there is no plan to go subscription-only, but didn't see the need to assure everyone else before their panties got all twisted in a knot.:eek...
  2. G

Capture One 8.

Subscription plan? If they ever convert to subscription only, I will never buy another PhaseOne product. After the crap Adobe pulled, I'm shocked anyone thought this would be a good idea.
  3. G

New H5D -50c

If the shot is important to you, maybe rent a gyro for a day. The guards may object to the noise, but would most likely allow you to use it. Edit: I should have quoted Timothy.
  4. G

Elinchrom Ranger Lithium Battery

This is exactly what I've been hoping for. Thanks for posting. I'll definitely be getting two for the Speed AS. I pulled out the battery from my Ranger RX (the small one), and found that it uses the BB BP7-12 battery. Stark has two batteries which may be used as replacement for it, a 6 Ah one...
  5. G

Elinchrom Ranger servicing?

Only one I know who is reliable is Robin Robal/Flashlights in Los Angeles, (626) 449-4125, but there has to be one closer to you. If you give Robin a call, he might well tell you about somebody closer; if you go with him, he will do a good job.
  6. G

H4D40 : wake up bug....shutter is closing.

The autofocus on my 100 mm (with low actuation count) stopped working also. When I pressed the focus button it would start to make focus sounds, but would soon stop. I ended up sending it in for repair. Hasselblad took well over 3 months to do the job, and they charged close to $400, but it...
  7. G

Understanding T5 value of flashes.

Here are some t0.1 times I measured for the Ranger Quadra with an A head: B socket 132 J (full power) - 1/2010 s B socket 100 J - 1/2025 s (fastest, surprise) B socket 50 J - 1/1910 s B socket 25 J - 1/1795 s B socket 8.2 J...
  8. G

FS: Arca Swiss Cube

Is this the original version, or v2?
  9. G

Smashing Pocketwizards against a wall!

Another thing you might try would be to use a PocketWizard MultiMax in sniffer mode to determine where the interference is strongest. Unfortunately the new PlusIIIs don't have the noise-sniffing feature, so the expensive one is the only option. If you are anywhere near LA or San Diego, I can...
  10. G

Smashing Pocketwizards against a wall!

Rather than dangle them, maybe mount them at a 45 degree angle. The problems you have when switching from horizontal to vertical makes me think that something in your studio is exacerbating the antenna directional issues that PWs have. If the one at your light is at a slant, then you won't...
  11. G

Elinchrom

It appears they do have the indirect deep throat in stock. Mine arrived yesterday, roughly a week after I ordered it.
  12. G

Elinchrom

Here is the only place I have found the indirect deep throat in the US at this time. The site says they are available now for $670. http://www.elinchrom.us/product/85475.85507.0.0.0/EL%2B26188/_/Rotalux_Deep_Inverse_59%27%27_Octa I just ordered one and got a confirmation. We'll see if they...
  13. G

New Elinchrom Stuff

Elinchrom finally has a page for the 150 cm deep indirect on their main website. http://www.elinchrom.com/product/Rotalux-Indirect-150-cm.html Surprisingly, they don't have it in the news.
  14. G

capture one vs phocus

I use Capture One for my Leaf back and Phocus for my H4D. There is no comparison, Capture One wins hands down in every respect. Phocus is pokey and doesn't give nearly enough control processing the raws. Plus the whole 3FR/FFF nonsense is just annoying. That said, I like shooting with the...
  15. G

Padded slip case for RL3D/RM3Di??

Not sure of the exact measurements of the RL3D, but you should be able to find a size of Porta Brace Stuff Sack to fit. http://www.portabrace.com/category_61_64 You may also want to look into a small laptop sleeve.
  16. G

Padded slip case for RL3D/RM3Di??

I am not sure of the exact dimensions of the RL3D, but I believe it could fit into one of the larger of the Porta Brace stuff sacks http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=porta+brace+stuff+sack&N=0&InitialSearch=yes. You may also want to consider a small laptop sleeve.
  17. G

How good is the Aptus 22 Back

I really like being able to use 25 ISO. At 100 ISO, I prefer the files I get from the Aptus 22 to those of the Nikon D3X, so when in a situation where 35mm DSLR handling is not necessary, I use the MF. Moire is quite an issue with this back. Fortunately C1 recently introduced localized moire...
  18. G

FS: Elinchrom Quadra heads and packs

PM sent on the second kit.
  19. G

MF for wildlife photography?

Perhaps you could get another D3X and remove the AA filter, since the D3X doesn't have an anti-dust shaker. I think you'd be stunned to see how much a difference an AA filter makes; your D3X comes with a fairly good resolution.
  20. G

SOLD:Elinchrom FS: Ranger RX 1100 Watt/Second Kit with "A" Head

Got this on Tuesday. Just got an elinchrom transmitter and was able to test it out. Everything is working great. Thanks Guy. Now all I need is an octobank. :cool: