The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

How many people are going to upgrade to the X-E2

I decided to stick with my X-E1 and made a lens investment instead. Picked up the 35/1.4 on the weekend, which will do more for me than a new body right now.
  2. R

+1 to that, but don't mention it on the Fuji forums. ;)
  3. R

That depends on what kind of trade in deal I can get on X-E1! :D
  4. R

NEX-6 discussion

+1 to some further discussion around this.
  5. R

Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG Macro & Sony A65

The only Sigma lens with a real reputation for stripped gears is the 70-300 APO DG macro. I'm really surprised to hear that your A550 stripped the 24-70/2.8. I'd expect this to be an unfortunate one-off rather than a common issue.
  6. R

Fun with NEX-7

Wonderful shot! Nicely done.
  7. R

NEX7 + Tamron 60mm/2

Nice images. It's funny how the 60/2 looks huge on the NEX-7, when it's not really a big lens at all. I've got the Sony version with is normally attached to my A700, one day I might be able to afford one of the AF lens adapters to put it on my 5N!
  8. R

Sony does a Panasonic?!

Batteries are faked, some very convincingly, for many manufacturers. The same goes for flash cards. While they may work to some extent, there's no telling what a counterfeit accessory may do to your camera - especially one that is supplying it power. I have no problem with Sony checking for...
  9. R

One wish for Nex7 firmware

It occurred to me you might think that. I suppose I did arrive at a bit of a tangent to the rest of the discussion! :bugeyes:
  10. R

Because I like the camera choosing my DOF even less! :D
  11. R

+1 for minimum shutter speed (or even minimum Auto ISO). Possibly my biggest gripe with the 5N is that it favours ISO 100 too readily, occasionally leaving me with shutter speeds too low to freeze even slight movement. This is with e-mount lenses I might add.
  12. R

Share your best NEX-5N images here

So many great photos in this thread! Here's a couple of my recent shots with the 5N and the less-than-exotic 18-55 kit. ;-)
  13. R

Nex for copying documents?

I would have thought a little NEX-C3 plus the 30/3.5 macro would be just about ideal.
  14. R

NEX5 + Nokton 35/1.2 v2

If I'd just got a 35/1.2 my hands would be shaking too!
  15. R

close ups with NEX5

With the better slave triggers you should be able to program them to ignore a preflash. They're likely to be more expensive than a dumb slave though.
  16. R

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras.... Fantastic image. Love the square composition too. :thumbup:
  17. R

close ups with NEX5

Not silly at all! I normally MF when doing macro as well.
  18. R

close ups with NEX5

Hi, Some really nice shots in this series. I'm looking at purchasing a NEX and was wondering whether you had the Tamron 60/2 in Sony mount (which I have) and using it with the Sony a->e adaptor? If so, could you comment on how well it AFs with the adaptor? If not, just your general comments...