The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

the LS-15, retired
  2. R

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Not dead. We're just over yonder, on a more active forum. But OK, since you asked... And a cat, because cats created photography for their own purposes.
  3. R

Panasonic 42.5mm f1.2 lens experiences?

Normally I wouldn't post in a thread like this, since I do not own this lens. Neither do i want to discourage those with lots of disposable income from buying lots of special lenses and supporting the industry. But some of the run-away enthusiasm is a bit much to take. I find it distasteful that...
  4. R

On the canal trail Olympus E-P5 with 45mm lens. (Click through for Flickr stream.)
  5. R

Help requested with an impossible landscape conundrum

In other news, Kowa is set to release three new wide lenses that will only add to the conundrum!
  6. R

I appreciate that site too, but am quite critical of many of their protocols, observations, and conclusions. Just to take a single page in their review of the Panasonic 14mm. First, they are testing using the Olympus E-PL1, which is fine for 2010, but may not be relevant for using the lens on...
  7. R

This may seem obvious but... Panasonic Lumix G 14mm f/2.5 ASPH. Sharp enough in the corners I believe.
  8. R

I too find UWA lenses simply wrong for landscapes. What they are useful for is interiors, when you simply can't step back because you have a wall behind you. For landscapes everything from a wide angle to moderate telephoto might be useful, depending on your style. Personally, I find the 14mm...
  9. R

Olympus 17mm F1.8 vs Canon 22mm F2 - How is the Micro-Contrast?

Nice shots that show off a good lens. I'll see you on the other forum for further comments. :-)
  10. R

WTB Panasonic GH1 in UK, EU or Canada

Both found now. Thanks for looking.
  11. R

OK, I have found one, so looking for only one GH1.
  12. R

I would like to buy a Panasonic GH1 camera for an art video shoot. I am located in Ireland (EU) but will also be in Canada for the next two weeks. I have an address there you can ship to if you happen to be in Canada. Recent prices on eBay are between £175 and £195. In dollars, $275. I would be...
  13. R

I keep getting errors trying to like these rock shots. But I do!
  14. R

municipal building
  15. R

notes to window frames by robinparmar, on Flickr coathanger and wire by robinparmar, on Flickr
  16. R

Has time and technology caught up with m43rds?

Louis, your post is full of existential doubt that could be laid to rest by burying all your cameras but one and logging off the internet. There is no requirement to constantly lust after the next great thing. I mean, how exactly is the E-M5 a worse camera today than six months ago? "I think...
  17. R

No Fun with Oly 45mm thread?

puss and boot by robinparmar, on Flickr
  18. R

Advice on OM-D travel lens combo for upcoming trip to Europe

As a prime user, I would concur with those who suggest the 14 / 20 / 45 combination. I could never get away with using a slow zoom, even for outside. In fact, I've ditched the 20mm as well, and never notice the need for something in between the other lenses. But everyone's different, which is...
  19. R

Flickr has "lost" some of my photos above and I can't seem to edit the posts to fix them. Here is one repeated. feather becomes the swan by robinparmar, on Flickr