The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

No argument from me, Jack. It was a wholly unnecessary incident, the like of which I’ve never encountered on here, and it leaves a bad taste. The damage has been done, of course, but if you care to look at the sequence of posts, you’ll see that I didn’t start the aggravation. However, in my...
  2. T

Mods: if you don't like my previous post, then just ban me. I'm not bothered, since I've no particular desire to share a forum with idiots like the one who started the unpleasantness here.
  3. T

And here’s a suggestion for you: butt out, and mind your own business. If you don’t like the discussion we’re having, stay out of it.
  4. T

But it’s alright, Ma... (?:confused:)
  5. T

You are a master of understatement! ;)
  6. T

Indeed, gandolfi - even though I can't claim to have actually been doing likewise last Friday evening... in spirit, I certainly was. And when - at 23:00h GMT - someone in the neighbourhood set off a bloody firework:mad:, my reaction certainly wasn't taken from The Polite Gentlemen's Guide to...
  7. T

Fun With Sony Cameras

Well, Barry - by chance, your exemplary photograph has handed me my latest (and most convenient) excuse for having never made a decent shot of Brentor: I don't own a 12mm lens. :ROTFL:
  8. T

Fun With Sony Cameras

Easily the best shot I've seen of Brentor, Barry (and - make no mistake - I've tried a few! ;)) Your choice of location from which to make the shot is superb, and the 12mm FL is perfect for portraying Brentor effectively, in its environment. :thumbs:
  9. T

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun With Sony _____ Yes - I have had some similar thoughts... for instance, the Olympus XA was a full-frame 35mm film camera (I still have one), in a camera body of *approximately* the same size as the RX100. Ok - single focal length only (with its rather clever "Reverse Retro-focus" 35mm...
  10. T

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun With Sony _____ Another superb set - keep up the good work! If your stay is long enough to catch the Erwitt exhibition, I'll be deeply envious... ;):)
  11. T

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun With Sony _____ But who's paying for it...?! ;)
  12. T

Seems more like the 'Endarkenment', lately... :(
  13. T

So true:(... and a little understated perhaps? ;)
  14. T

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) I know it well - but since you've already revealed the location, this time I can't impress the world with my photo-identification tricks! :rolleyes: ;) Your BLENCOMO processing really can hit the spot, by the way. :thumbup:
  15. T

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) It was the chair standing in isolation against the background of that wall (with fireplace, alcoves, etc.) which sparked the memory of the scene. Of course, I subsequently realised that you had linked from Flickr - where you'd provided the...
  16. T

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Barry A long-shot guess, based upon a somewhat vague memory, but... Trematon? ;):)
  17. T

X100T red noise in a line on image

If Silkypix is not to your liking (and many feel that way) then I'd suggest Rawtherapee available here. Rawtherapee doesn't have the easiest of UI's, and it will take some effort to learn. However, it is very capable, and in my experience, it does a creditable job with Fuji x-Trans files. And...
  18. T

Fun with the RX100 III

Long time; no 'see', Gandolfi...! Good to see that you're putting the MkIII to good use. There's something nicely 'HC-B' about the first of these shots...;)
  19. T

The Art of Photography

Just for clarity, my comment about the lower presence of gear-orientated content on The Art of Photography site, was certainly intended to be a positive one. Ted Forbes does, understandably, do gear reviews etc., and this provides the finance for him to produce a high-quality site. Thankfully...
  20. T

The Art of Photography

Yes - I entirely agree. I've only recently discovered The Art of Photography site, but it's an excellent site, and as you say, it's very interesting and informative. It's great to find a site on which photography is very much the MAIN topic of discussion, while equipment - although covered -...