The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. ray*j*gun

D610

Thanks Steen, I spoke to a Tech guy at B&H and we figured out the issue. When you use Auto ISO which I had activated (I'm fooling around with all the menus as a l;earning method) it disables the Flexible P mode. It would have been nice if the manual had mentioned that. Anyway the feature does...
  2. ray*j*gun

D610

Does anyone have experience using the Flexible P mode on the D610 (page 75 of the manual)? When I turn the Main Command dial on the 610 the little *P shows up on the info screen but I can not adjust the aperture as indicated by the manual. I use to use this option on my D7000 but on the 610 it...
  3. ray*j*gun

Looking for a perspective from those who used to shoot Leica M and have moved on...

Because I do not think there is a real alternative to Leica OVF bodies, I hold on to my M8u and love it in spite of the smaller sensor. Its just a joy to use with my Leica and CV glass (and some FSU lenses as well). However I find I'm using my Nikon D610 and D7000 more and more. I still shoot...
  4. ray*j*gun

The Nikon 50mm 1.2 AIS

I also have had very good experience with MF on my D610 using green dot focusing. I also have a D7000 and installed a Katzeye split screen and found that the green dot on that camera was always in sync with the visual image per the Katzeye. I know there is a lot of criticism of the Df because it...
  5. ray*j*gun

The Nikon 50mm 1.2 AIS

6. ray*j*gun

The Nikon 50mm 1.2 AIS

I have begun to use the green dot as an aid to focusing my D610 with the 1,2 Nikor AIs and I have found that it works pretty well. I remember reading somewhere that the green dot didnt help on fast lenses but I have to differ at least on my camera. I am pleased that I am not the only guy using...
  7. ray*j*gun

D610

Thank you Steen for your comments. I completely agree that the legacy lenses seem to work well on the D610. So far I have used my 50mm1,2 AIs and my 105 AIs with great results. I used to use those on my old D90 and liked the results even on that camera. I plan to try all the old film glass and...
  8. ray*j*gun

D610

I do not post often although I have been a member for a while.....I just upgraded to a D610 from a D90 as I have been (and still am) mostly a film shooter. So far the only lenses I have that work on FX (without the crop to 10mp) are my film Nikors. My go to lens has been an AIs 1,2 50mm which is...
  9. ray*j*gun

The Nikon 50mm 1.2 AIS

Plus 1 its my fav film Nikor and I just started using it on my new D610.... looks like it was designed for DSLR's
  10. ray*j*gun

FS: Leica M3 DS in Olive green

Lovely camera!!
  11. ray*j*gun

Has Nikon Resolved the D600 dust/oil issues?

I am also considering a d600 moving up from a D90. Has the factory fix worked when the camera is returned? Any other suggestions on how to avoid the problem in the first place? Thanks!!
  12. ray*j*gun

A "new" Leica M3

Don Goldberg (DAG) is a master he did work on my IIIc (k) when 2 other techs where afraid of the ball bearings. (Not Youxin Ye) but he is often very busy. If you have any questions RE old Leica RFF is a good place to lurk. Beautiful M3 good lick!!
  13. ray*j*gun

A "new" Leica M3

I understand..... the same thing happened to me but it was hmmm many years ago with a Leica IIIc. I own a number of Barnacks and a button rewind M2 which I fell is the finest of of all the M's but hey they are all wonderful good luck!!!!! BTW Youxin Ye is a great tech on the older M's.
  14. ray*j*gun

Focusing Issues with the D800 & D800E

Sorry I didn't notice the recent thread that discussed this problem at length.
  15. ray*j*gun

Focusing Issues with the D800 & D800E

Has anyone had personal experience with the D800 and its AF problems? I have read that its a problem with early models and that there may also be a problem with blurry VF's in some. I am hesitant to plunk down that kind of money and then have problems with the basics. Thanks!
  16. ray*j*gun

new Fuji X Pro1 camera

Re: new camera P.S. Release is dated "January 10, 2012". Is that how Fuji now "leaks" their releases hoping for them to go viral? Good luck with that. X100 was interesting, but I could never find one while I was interested in it, and this year they have lots of competition, like Ricoh GXR-M and...
  17. ray*j*gun

Leica IIIf

Wow, lovely shot of the Prancing Horse!
  18. ray*j*gun

Finally a 24mm equiv on X100

Interesting thanks!!