The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

New camera profile making software

As some of you may know I've had a command line open-source camera profile maker for a while, DCamProf. The Pentax 645z profile I casually made using it gained quite some interest, and I've noted for each new medium format camera that's not a Phase One or Hassy people are interested in profile...
  2. T

Largesense: Large format digital backs

I just came across this: LargeSense Large Format Digital Backs and Cameras A tiny tiny company making a large format digital back. Not for sale just yet, but hopefully coming out during this year a 9x11" digital back. CMOS, live view, monochrome. Fat pixels 75um meaning only 12 megapixels in...
  3. T

New depth of field calculator app

With my Linhof Techno I've been using my own custom tables with hyperfocal, hinge distances and wedge spans for all my lenses and various apertures, and I still use them. However nowadays with always a smartphone in the pocket I've thought about having an app at least as a complement for some...
  4. T

Hasselblad H6D-100c and H6D-50c official

As noted in the teaser thread it's officially out (I thought it deserved a headline topic on a forum like this): http://www.hasselblad.com/h6d http://www.hasselblad.com/medium-format/h6d-100c €29K http://www.hasselblad.com/medium-format/h6d-50c €23K The Hassy server is a bit slow...
  5. T

Kapture Group sliding back - play?

I've just got a second hand Kapture Group sliding back for an Arca-Swiss system. On my Linhof I have a Linhof original sliding back, which has felt pads that push the sliding metal piece towards a metal lip, that is the precision depends on "metal against metal", ie very good precision. On the...
  6. T

Geared heads that are good enough for 4 kg MFD cameras

Geared heads are expensive, but eventually I got tired of the play of my Manfrotto 410 (it shifted positions slightly every time I slided in the sliding back on my Linhof Techno) so I eventually got an Arca-Swiss D4 and lived happily ever after. A friend of mine needs to upgrade the 410 sooner...
  7. T

New custom DNG profile for Pentax 645z

Here's new versions of my custom 645z profiles: http://torger.dyndns.org/dcamprof-v0100-pentax-645z-neutral-plus.dcp http://torger.dyndns.org/dcamprof-v0100-pentax-645z-neutral.dcp It's not that I'm into making profiles that much, it's doing the software itself (DCamProf) that is my thing, but...
  8. T

Hasselblad H on tech cam, external battery hack

I've looked around for external battery solutions for my H4D-50 but not liked what I've seen. Having an extra pouch with a battery and a stiff firewire cable to mess around with is no fun out in the field. So I bought a $40 ebay battery, a Duotec band (a form of hook-and-loop) and a...
  9. T

Hassy back not fitting to H-mount adapter plate. Ideas?

So I just got my new H4D-50, and want to use the back on my Linhof Techno with a Phase One H 101 adapter plate, the same plate I'm using for my H-mount Aptus back. Unfortunately the H4D-50 back does not fit on the adapter plate. It's hard to see exactly where it collides, but I have a theory...
  10. T

Linhof Photokina 2014

Here's the press release with Linhof's new products for Photokina 2014 http://www.linhof.de/download_e/Linhof_Press_Release-engl-2014.pdf not exactly a huge range of exciting breakthrough products, but rather a couple of practical accessories. I might get that fast wind lever for back...
  11. T

Hasselblad 50 mp backs superior on tech cams! Why didn't anyone tell us?

At last I got some raw test files including LCCs for tech ultrawides for a Hasselblad back using the KAF-51000 CCD sensor (50.3 megapixel 47x39mm). It exists in the CFV-50 (recently discontinued) and the current H5D-50, and the older H4D-50 and H3DII-50, plus all the various multishot versions...
  12. T

CFV-50/HxD-50 with SK28 and SK35

I've got some indications that the 6um Kodak sensors available in the Hasselblad backs CFV-50 and H5D-50 work a lot better on symmetrical wides SK28 and SK35 than 6um Dalsa backs like P40+/P65+/IQ160/Aptus-II 10/Credo 40/60, with less color cast and crosstalk issues. Ever since I got my Aptus...
  13. T

Tech cam macro lens/shooting tips

I'm not doing macro photography a lot, but I'm kind of getting fond of shooting tree trunks, one example attached, with pixelpeep crop (I just noticed some pepper noise in the pixelpeep, it was a longer exposure and I obviously didn't clean up it fully). I know a lot of theory about normal...
  14. T

Arca-Swiss MF-two packed in a backpack?

Is anyone using the MF-two when hiking in mother nature? It would be great to see an example of the camera packed in a backpack. I'm using a Techno myself which I pack in a f-stop Satori EXP including 6 lenses and sliding back, but a friend of mine that's looking into getting a MF-two. It need...
  15. T

H5D-50c raw file?

Has anyone a link or can provide a raw file (3FR) from a H5D-50c? The actual image content is not important, just if it shows something so it's possible to see if the file is rendered correctly or not. As this is CMOS with 14 bit A/D stuff could be stored a bit differently than the CCD backs, I...
  16. T

Wide angle crosstalk cancellation -preliminary results

When the IQ250 tech cam wide angle demo images came out the issue with sensor color crosstalk started to interest me. A problem with (most) current image sensors is that pixels are deep, about 7um from the microlens on the surface to the light registrating photodiode in the bottom, and pixels...
  17. T

Will tech cams ever become electronic?

I think it's about time tech cameras to go electronic, with electronic leaf shutters and electronic integration with the digital back. What you would get is lens/tilt/shift movements registered in the EXIF data, you would have shutter control directly on the camera body (no flash sync cable)...
  18. T

Hasselblad CFV-50 sample raw

I've been looking for a sample raw file from Hasselblad CFV-50 but not succeeded to find one. Someone here that can help me out? The CFV-50 is a candidate for upgrade, but I need to see how well the raw files work in the third-party tools I prefer to use, like RawTherapee and Lumariver HDR.
  19. T

Tips for large camera bag

I think fstopgear backpacks are great as they've designed them similar to hiking and outdoor packs, ie you can actually carry them with weight in them without breaking your back. I just received my Satori EXP backpack which is their largest bag, and it seems to be just great, with one exception...
  20. T

HDR for perfectionists :)

I guess this is a commercial announcement so beat me if you like... I'm a frequent contributor to this forum and I'll stay around to answer questions etc so it's not just spam, and I do hope this is of interest to some of you. I'm an amateur photographer that shoot landscapes with my Linhof...