The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Imagine if Fuji had used their X-TRANS sensor in the GFX 50 S .....

now THAT would have been a camera to buy !
  2. T

I am thinking of getting the Fujifilm GFX 50S ....am I nuts ?

what do you guys think - jump into this system for seascapes around California ?
  3. T

the monochrom - CCD vs CMOS

I am looking to pick up a monochrom M could you guys give me your feedback on how the 2 versions compare ?
  4. T

pentax 645d with 67 film lens .......

If anyone has first hand experience with the original CCD 645d with the older classic film 67 lens and adapter - I would love some info compared to a camera such as the Nikon D800 / D850 series how would the images stack up? how would this combo compare with modern MF systems such as phase...
  5. T

Sonys roadmap for MF digital ......

looks like Sony has a very aggressive roadmap and is going to be migrating the backside chips to MF and really increasing the mp rate with the FUJI camera doubling to over 100 mp very soon any thoughts as to what effect this will have on prices ?
  6. T

the old Ziess 135 really is an OTUS !

the 135 you guys rave about is an OTUS. it was the first one.
  7. T

New Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens

new lens is coming - get ready to spend money I know a few of you wont be able to resist
  8. T

loving the SP 15-30MM F/2.8 Di VC USD...

picked up this lens today and so far the images look very promising today was very rainy so testing was limited - anyone interesting in me putting up some examples this week ? lensrentals tested it and it topped the Nikon 14-24 at the sweet spot of 23mm of about 800 less
  9. T

anyone here in love with the Nikon 58MM f1.8 G ???

any love for that particular lens ??? (if anyone had it and hated it - that would be interesting too) :worthless:
  10. T

here is how good MF video is.........

check this out: Feast Your Eyes on This Glorious Timelapse Shot in 10K Resolution some of you guys could be taking insane quality video with your systems
  11. T

Heavy silver film ?

do you guys know the brands of BW negative film which are made in the "old school" way with a heavier than normal silver halide emulsion coating ? so in other words it even more of a throw back than TRI-X I read about the brand once and now cant remember....
  12. T

Magic lens for Nikon..................?

lets talk about lens that have "magic." you guys know what I am talking out......lens that might not test well but because of some special factor such as field curvature, type of blades, funky coating or whatever they have some special quality that while you cant put your finger on it never...
  13. T

Nikon Telephoto AF Micro Nikkor 200mm f/4.0D ED-IF Autofocus Lens - any good ?

what do you guys think of this particular lens ????
  14. T

ultimate MF landscape lens - digital or film

what's the ultimate landscape lens ? I am talking about a lens which is optimized for f 8- 16 can be a slow lens only consideration is landscape and seascapes will be tripod mounted 100% looking for sharp corner, low CA, low cyan ringing in corners ect......
  15. T

I pre-ordered the Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED...anyone think i am nuts ?

so I needed a wide angle lens - have nothing under 50mm for my D800E anyone think I am crazy ? here is the story: http://photographylife.com/nikon-20mm-f1-8g-ed-lens-announcement
  16. T

Zeiss 28mm f/2.0 Distagon............

I am thinking of getting this lens and would like feedback from anyone with experience using this model.
  17. T

3 lens for the D800 - money no object....

if you had to be restricted to 3 lens for the D800 (E) with money no object and including MF lens what would you buy - based solely on image quality ? (so in other words weight, size and and other factors were total non issues - only image quality factors such as sharpness/ bokeh/chromatic...
  18. T

Fun with 800E images..................

Only the "E"
  19. T

Mono owners -tell me your feelings....

just chat about your Mono. any subject you like but in particular: are you happy with the camera ? was it worth the price to you ? would you buy it again ? if shoot 35mm too - which do you like the look of better ? really anything you want to say about the camera after owning it a while
  20. T

need good "street" lens for a Nikon F100..

Picked up a nice used F100 body over the weekend and need a street lens. I am thinking around 35 mm I can spend a little on so quality is more important to me than cost any ideas ???